E3 2015 Gamers' Hangout Discussion

I was really glad, of course, that FO4 isn't a MMO, but I kinda waver on the possibility of a limited optional co-op mode. Probably better not to test those waters.

Yeah, you know I hate this need for developers to slap co-op into everything now, or make things just online MP only, I'm a die-hard SP gamer and while I"m down for some co-op, because most of the people I know live on the other side of the world, doing co-op with such big differences in time zones is not easy.  Thus I"m glad I can still solo things and they're not "co-op only".

• Like 1

The new Doom game looks nice but I wasn't happy about The Division. They downgraded the visuals and I can't say I'm surprised because it's Ubisoft. The new Need for Speed game looks great but I'm not particularly fond of the always-online requirement.

I didn't expect to be surprised by Rise of the Tomb Raider. Best snow effects, ever? And finally, Mass Effect: Andromeda. I was hoping they'd show gameplay and I'm worried about performance. Dragon Age: Inquisitons didn't run well on my PC.

I wasn't happy about The Division. They downgraded the visuals and I can't say I'm surprised because it's Ubisoft.

Come on how did anybody not see that was going to happen?

I've been pretty much saying it since the game was introduced...

PC version might look damn good though.

Come on how did anybody not see that was going to happen?

I've been pretty much saying it since the game was introduced...

PC version might look damn good though.

Doesn't Ubisoft downgrade their games for PC so they don't outshine their console versions.

Doesn't Ubisoft downgrade their games for PC so they don't outshine their console versions.

No, Ubisoft (and everyone else) make the best game they are actually capable of making.

If devs would stop with the ridiculous hype before the games are even remotely ready they wouldn't have the perception problem.

That said, with DX12 we may well surpass the original trailer on PC.  I don't know.

Looking forward to South Park, but it's a shame Obsidian are not at the wheel again :(

Hope the game is much longer than the 1st too, which shouldn't be hard now that even they admit they finally worked out how to make games.

• Like 2

No, Ubisoft (and everyone else) make the best game they are actually capable of making.

Those ubi past e3 demoes were running on PC so i think it's perfectly fair for pc gamers to expect the pc version of those games to look like the e3 demoes.

• Like 2

Those ubi past e3 demoes were running on PC so i think it's perfectly fair for pc gamers to expect the pc version of those games to look like the e3 demoes.

Except that they were small controlled scenes with a horrendous amount of instanced copies.  The detail was there, the ability to make a full game with that detail not so much.

As I said, I expect DX12 will make it possible.  Current tech?  Not so much.

People will go back to the original Watch Dogs demo that looked great as an example, but we should keep in mind, that thing wasn't the whole game world I bet, and also what kind of PC were they using anyways?  If these great looking demos are running on some crazy spec'd quad SLi PCs then yeah, you can expect it but not many people are going to get it.

No way am I spending $500 a pop 4 times to get quad SLi just to match the level of detail they showed in their E3 demos, let's be realistic here.

If devs would stop with the ridiculous hype before the games are even remotely ready they wouldn't have the perception problem.

That said, with DX12 we may well surpass the original trailer on PC.  I don't know.

I really don't think Ubisoft or most of the big Publisher care about making the best PC experience.  Even the the developer of the Witcher 3 scaled back what could have been massive difference between PC and console version.  Take a look at Star Citizen visually it looks much better then the trailer when it was announced and that's they way it should be. So it definitely PC version of the game far out class a console version.  Most developers scale back the PC versions to accommodate the weak consoles.   DX12 will certainly make the PC games much better then consoles for those developers that choose to specialize in PC games.  But doubt very few will make games that are tremendously better on PC then console version because they fear they will not make up the cost of the PC version. 

• Like 1

I really don't think Ubisoft or most of the big Publisher care about making the best PC experience.  Even the the developer of the Witcher 3 scaled back what could have been massive difference between PC and console version.  Take a look at Star Citizen visually it looks much better then the trailer when it was announced and that's they way it should be. So it definitely PC version of the game far out class a console version.  Most developers scale back the PC versions to accommodate the weak consoles.   DX12 will certainly make the PC games much better then consoles for those developers that choose to specialize in PC games.  But doubt very few will make games that are tremendously better on PC then console version because they fear they will not make up the cost of the PC version. 

I think I covered that when I said 'actually capable of making.'  No developer is going to spend 5x the resources on a game for 1/3 of the players.

I think I covered that when I said 'actually capable of making.'  No developer is going to spend 5x the resources on a game for 1/3 of the players.

I wouldn't say no developer I would say the Major Big Publisher who pretty awful.   That's why crowdfunding is so important and is really making end run over these large dinosaur publishers who just regurgitate the same game year after year. 

As crazy as people are over new Doom and Fallout4, right now I'm much more happy about dishonored 2, Emily grew up well.  :D   I'm biased though, as a stealth junky when it comes to games.

i am certainly looking more to dishonored 2, then doom OR fallout.    dishonored i will be playing on day 1 no matter what.  i LOVED the first one.   doom and fallout are a mixed bag....

south park game was awesome, even if combat sucked.   really excited about playing another long episode of south park.   yeah yeah combat kinda sucked.  but who cares, if the story was basically a very good episode ;)

• Like 1

It's taken me a week but managed to watch all the major conferences from E3. All I can is this year and 2016 are going to be great for gamers (once again). 

Makes me care even less about the superior console and console war BS :p Think I'll be picking up a PS4 at the end of the year.