Father gets $7,800 bill after reuniting with long-lost daughter

Are you sure about that? Because according to your earlier posts you were so sure you're willing to bet huge amounts of cash:

That to me indicates you've made up your mind and are in fact not open to other possibilities. Hence conclusion.

No. It means I feel the odds are in my favor. I could quote many many times in this thread that: "I could be wrong." Since I am the only one that said "I could be wrong" and no one else has, it would seem that I am the only one who is open to other possibilities.

No. It means I feel the odds are in my favor. I could quote many many times in this thread that: "I could be wrong." Since I am the only one that said "I could be wrong" and no one else has, it would seem that I am the only one who is open to other possibilities.

Okay do it. I just looked through the entire thread and found nowhere where you said "I could be wrong". So "I could be wrong" but you've never said "you could be wrong".

Edit: Nevermind. Found where you said it. Hardly the many times you claimed, though.

no where. Its just a possibility, and from my experience, the most likely possibility based on the my experience. Could I be wrong? I am not saying I am right.... I am only giving a probability.

Okay do it. I just looked through the entire thread and found nowhere where you said "I could be wrong". So "I could be wrong" but you've never said "you could be wrong".

Edit: Nevermind. Found where you said it. Hardly the many times you claimed, though.

3 separate occasions.....

Except the odds are NOT in your favor, unless you, as I said, read only one sided stats. 

chaulk it up to knowing how it typically is.

I think typically most Dads care about their Daughter and want the best for them. I don't know who you hang out with, but the people I hang out with aren't deadbeat Dads who ignore their daughter for 18 years so they can avoid paying for them. And I would think most Dads who search for 3 years to find their daughter by literally sherlock holming up a picture is certainly neither a deadbeat or evading.

The problem I see in your arguments is not your ability to see both sides as you've admitted you could be wrong but the stance you seem to be leaning towards seems unrealistic and unlikely. Sure, you're allowed to lean that way but expect the need to substantiate that position to people who question it, thus is life. If your evidence is experience based then it's best to keep it to yourself as a single person is not a large enough sample to determine a Persons motivation; innocent until proven guilty yadda yadda.. If this were the case a Judge would throw a dude behind bars because she knows guys who smile that certain way have obviously malicious intent.

In other words, your argument isn't very good and people are calling you out on it. In the multiple pages I've read of your attempts to convince anyone otherwise the only thing I've seen happen is turning a debate into an argument which is based on emotional retort. At this point, I'd probably let bygones be bygones and move on until more information comes to light. That's just me though, do what you like.

I think typically most Dads care about their Daughter and want the best for them.

I was meaning "typically in these situations".

Except the odds are NOT in your favor, unless you, as I said, read only one sided stats. 

I "feel" you are wrong about the odds.

I was meaning "typically in these situations".

I "feel" you are wrong about the odds.

your "feelings" have no bases in reality. 

again you base your odds on cases " you hear about". not the actual amount of cases, and since people and media only talk/write about the negative cases, you don't hear about the 90 other percent of the cases. 

your "feelings" have no bases in reality. 

again you base your odds on cases " you hear about". not the actual amount of cases, and since people and media only talk/write about the negative cases, you don't hear about the 90 other percent of the cases. 

I am not talking about the other 90% of cases.... i am talking about THESE types of cases. Aren't you?

That's just one-sided opinion

as well as his

You owe... you pay. It's simple. Even if you give up your parental rights, you STILL have to pay. So many people do not realize or accept the financial responsibility for a child.

It doesn't read to me as he is trying to avoid is parental responsibilities. It reads as though the agency did nothing to locate him (including looking in the file) and now feels he owes them money for helping his daughter. Sorry, if they can't lift a finger to do their job (it seems to have been an easy win here), bill the social worker for being stupid... not the parent who wanted the child and searched for 16 years.