How about Hiroshima? its a REAL nuclear detonation site ...

Good little article with regards to why Hiroshima and Nagasaki are safe today.

http://www.rerf.or.jp/general/qa_e/qa12.html

Fallout. The Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs exploded at altitudes of 600 meters and 503 meters, respectively, then formed huge fireballs that rose with the ascending air currents. About 10% of the nuclear material in the bombs underwent fission; the remaining 90% rose in the stratosphere with the fireball. 

Subsequently, the material cooled down and some of it started to fall with rain (black rain) in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki areas, but probably most of the remaining uranium or plutonium was dispersed widely in the atmosphere. Because of the wind, the rain did not fall directly on the hypocenters but rather in the northwest region (Koi, Takasu area) of Hiroshima and the eastern region (Nishiyama area) of Nagasaki.

The maximum estimates of dose due to fallout are 0.01-0.03 Gy in Hiroshima and 0.2-0.4 Gy in Nagasaki. The corresponding doses at the hypocenters are believed to be only about 1/10 of these values.

Nowadays, the radioactivity is so miniscule that it is difficult to distinguish from trace amounts (including plutonium) of radioactivity caused by worldwide fallout from atmospheric (as opposed to underground) atomic-bomb tests that were conducted around the world in past decades, particularly in the 1950s and 1960s.

I'm assuming that in the Fallout series ... a bunch of nucs impacted the ground causing all the high levels of background radiation (I haven't read any of the back stories).

With regards to Fallout 4 ---  Looking forward to it!!!

Maybe we should change the topic of this thread to "Official Fallout 4" topic or something. The announcement is no longer imminent.

Meh. All their games since Morrowind look terrible, are devoid of soul, their writing is predictable and boring, it feels like I'm playing with a game editor rather than being in the game. I really don't understand the enthusiasm they generate, or how they can even be compared to decent role-playing games like The Witcher or Dragon Age series.

If it wasn't Bethesda doing it, or if they announced that they fired all their writers and animators, at least, I'd be more interested.

Meh. All their games since Morrowind look terrible, are devoid of soul, their writing is predictable and boring, it feels like I'm playing with a game editor rather than being in the game. I really don't understand the enthusiasm they generate, or how they can even be compared to decent role-playing games like The Witcher or Dragon Age series.

I very much enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim, which had very respectable graphics for the time. Not revolutionary but more than sufficient. Their storytelling was compelling and quirky, even if the RPG elements were pretty minimal. Fallout 3 I enjoyed a bit less so, with the graphics being pretty weak - Fallout: New Vegas was horribly dated and buggy to boot.

I loved The Witcher 2 and Dragon Age: Origins as well, for different reasons. For me it's not an either / or situation.

• Like 1

After experiencing tons of bugs with Fallout 3 (and extremely boring gameplay, in my humble opinion) I sort of gave up on the franchise.  I heard that New Vegas is better, but it is a no deal for me.

I hope they do a better job with 4, but I am not getting my hopes up, and not getting it on day 1, either, until (unless) i am sure they did a good job...

edit: just watched the trailer.  does not look appealing to me :(

Quick, everyone judge a product on a pre-release rendered trailer! We can't hold off on such an important and timely decision until next week when it is displayed as an actual game at E3! Scoff now at how superior your taste is!

• Like 3

Quick, everyone judge a product on a pre-release rendered trailer! We can't hold off on such an important and timely decision until next week when it is displayed as an actual game at E3! Scoff now at how superior your taste is!

:rolleyes:  if there is anything to scoff at, it is your attempt at sarcasm :p

It is always an honor to meet someone who has the absolute knowledge gained without only seeing a glimpse of something. Please, teach us your method of divining information not available to anyone.

It is always an honor to meet someone who has the absolute knowledge gained without only seeing a glimpse of something. Please, teach us your method of divining information not available to anyone.

hyperbole, much?

Errr... Back on topic.

I hope they have a wider selection of DJs and radio stations.

Probably want to keep the hype and anticipation up. Announcing it now and releasing it too far away might not be as advantageous as doing it in the same year.

Maybe we should change the topic of this thread to "Official Fallout 4" topic or something. The announcement is no longer imminent.

Changed it to announced for now. If it releases in 2015 it can become the OT.

Changed it to announced for now. If it releases in 2015 it can become the OT.

Good man  :yes:

I am tossing up as to whether or not do another run through of FO3 for old time's sake. Seems like a bit of a commitment though, especially when I think of how many other unplayed games I have  :laugh:

It's on Steam for pre-order already...

HOLY <BLEEP!> FIFTY FRICKING POUNDS!? 

No sale.

Luckily there will be a GOTY edition. And to go with that by the time the GOTY edition comes out the mod communities will have fixed all the major bugs bethesda games tend to have. Win win.

What do you mean by rendered? It was an in-game trailer, if you mean pre-rendered.

Rumored October 23rd release

Would be awesome. MGS the month before.

We're judging the game by what we have been shown. Why is it okay to be excited for a trailer but not to be critical of it? This video was intended to show off the game in the best possible light and it did a very bad job. Could the gameplay footage at E3 look better? Absolutely, in which case I will adjust my position. Could it look worse? You bet, in which case I will be even more critical.

The real insult is that they're charging

yep and also gonna crash like fallout3 but that's part of the capital wasteland experience. :)