Is the late 2014 Nexus 6 better than the early 2014 Galaxy S5?

I'm not picking and choosing, like I said too lazy to copy/paste. You're not comparing apples to apples - you're comparing a Nexus 6 review to a blog post of the G4 that was a test unit, NOT a final production unit.. I'm comparing the Nexus 6 review to the (production) G4 review.

I have no vested interest in which phone is "faster." Seriously, it's benchmarks and they are so close anyways. The only place where the N6 is consistently better is graphics, and like you mentioned, the N6 has a slightly superior GPU. 

*Sigh*

The original benchmarks have the G4 running 5.1, and the Nexus 6 running 5.0 which means the G4 was running all its cores to their full potential and the Nexus 6 was not.  Id say any pre-production trade off is fair.

There we go soc benchmarks everywhere while in fact you will never notice the difference between them by daily use cases.

A nexus device made by sony similiar to the xperia z3 would be instant buy for me, the design of these phones is just amazing compared to my lg nexus 5 >.>

Also I would like nexus phone by sony because of the dac in their latest phones :D

The price point ahould be between 200 and 300 usd, above that is just too much for a phone :p

There we go soc benchmarks everywhere while in fact you will never notice the difference between them by daily use cases.

A nexus device made by sony similiar to the xperia z3 would be instant buy for me, the design of these phones is just amazing compared to my lg nexus 5 >.>

Also I would like nexus phone by sony because of the dac in their latest phones :D

The price point ahould be between 200 and 300 usd, above that is just too much for a phone :p

I play 3D games. I notice large differences between SOCs.

As consumers we say that, but for Google to offer that like they have in the past, they have to subsidize and eat some cost.

I play 3D games. I notice large differences between SOCs.

Not very strange with the ridiculous uhd resolution on some phones, even a desktop graphics card has issues with performance on such resolutions.

Full hd is more then plenty in my opinion. Rather have a better battery and higher display contrast and brightness.

Which games are the most cpu/gpu intensive these days on android?

If those were my only two options, i would only take the Nexus 6 if it had a better camera and 128 GB of storage and i had easy (wireless) recharging at my house, in the car or at work. Otherwise i would take the cheapest S5 + 128GB SD (or 64 if the phone has more than 16GB) + a second battery, As fugly as the S5 is, i would take it over a phone that has a maximum of 64gb and no removable battery.

Or wait a few months considering it is rumored that Google will be announcing 2 new Nexus devices in a few months.

Exactly what I'm doing. I have the G3. Not moving yet.. Though I do want a Nexus 6 badly.