Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Springs Up On The Playstation Store

AmmAhsi.jpg

A banner for Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection has popped up on the PlayStation Store mobile site.

The below banner appears in a cover carousel at number eight out of ten. Right now it's only appearing on the mobile site, and only in the United States.

Click onto the art, and you'll receive the below error message, which suggests the promo has been posted in error.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/06/unabletofindthispage.jpg

The collection of the first three Uncharted games has been long rumored, but yet-to-be-verified. Right now the art is all we have to go by, but it makes sense for Sony to bring the adventure thus far to the PlayStation 4 in anticipation of the upcoming Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

Big thanks to IGN users Brosephstanley, CrypticFrog and George Loftus for their help with this story.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/06/04/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-springs-up-on-the-playstation-store

Great news for those that haven't played the games yet. I have played them all, and absolutely loved them all. One of my favorite games. Won't buy them again though, unless they come out at like $29.99 of PS Plus members or something.

Not a big fan of all of the remasters myself.

I am a big fan of this one however.

The Uncharted series is my favorite overall series of last gen. I even enjoyed 3.

Hoping the news is it will be released the week of e3. Would be very good promotion leading up to the release of 4.

EDIT - Apparently it is October 9th for the release date. 

Good to see Bluepoint are doing it.

1080/60 as expected as well. UC4 MP beta also.

The Uncharted series is my favorite overall series of last gen. I even enjoyed 3.

Hoping the news is it will be released the week of e3. Would be very good promotion leading up to the release of 4.

I'm okay with 1st party remasters, or platform spanning collections (MGS, for instance). It's the 3rd party "hey this was just out" ones like Tomb Raider that annoy me. Or the FFX remaster of a remaster.

Remaster are inevitable. When blue ray was released pretty much all big movies were remastered.

As long as the remaster is 1080p60 that's fine.

Well this basically sums up the internet.

Nothing wrong with remasters. They are optional. Buy it if you want it, don't buy it if you don't want it.

Well this basically sums up the internet.

I am really curious, what exactly do you mean by this comment?

How does my opinion on remasters sum up the internet?

I am usually just not a fan of remasters if I have already played the game. I do not feel that the addition of better visuals is reason enough to play a game again. I personally feel that gameplay trumps visuals.

However the Uncharted series is one of my favorite series of last generation, so because of that fact, it is one of the only remasters I am actually interested in.

So please do tell me, how exactly does my personal opinion on remasters sum up the internet?

• Like 1

I am usually just not a fan of remasters if I have already played the game. I do not feel that the addition of better visuals is reason enough to play a game again. I personally feel that gameplay trumps visuals.

However the Uncharted series is one of my favorite series of last generation, so because of that fact, it is one of the only remasters I am actually interested in.

So please do tell me, how exactly does my personal opinion on remasters sum up the internet?

And I will also add in I am so glad everyone else felt the need to address the fact I do not like remasters by replying why I should.

I hope it's not a lazy port (with only native 1080p/60 being slapped on it) i hope it gets touch with a fine tooth comb.

I hope physics and such are worked on, animations improved, etc... The whole works.

I am a huge fan of Uncharted as well (3 was ok)

So is this thing unconfirmed as of now?

Because, I was able to place a pre-order for a copy on the Canadian PS Store this morning.  It will be automatically downloaded to my PS4 as I'm away that day.

You just have that kind of influence, DL

So is this thing unconfirmed as of now?

Because, I was able to place a pre-order for a copy on the Canadian PS Store this morning.  It will be automatically downloaded to my PS4 as I'm away that day.

Yes it's confirmed, there's even a trailer and an official release date

• Like 1

I hope it's not a lazy port (with only native 1080p/60 being slapped on it) i hope it gets touch with a fine tooth comb.

I hope physics and such are worked on, animations improved, etc... The whole works.

I am a huge fan of Uncharted as well (3 was ok)

Done by Bluepoint, probably the best hands it could go to outside of ND themselves. ICO/GoW and MGSHD are all solid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluepoint_Games

I see, and that was also the point I was trying to make :)

"I don't like remasters."

"Oh it's a game I like, then it's OK" It's not the first time I see this kind of reaction, especially with the "console wars" recently.

I kinda intended it to be some kind of joke at the same time though :) not really as a personal insult or something like that.

As someone who didnt own a PS3 but loved the uncharted series, Im glad this is happening. My PS4 will see so much use this fall. I hope gears of war collection / remaster gets announced too. Once thats happen, my 360 is going away. I was waiting for Halo and Gears, halo happened, now gears.

And before we get the posts about remaster fatigue, remember that a huge chunk of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3.

Yep, I never owned a PS3, but always wanted to try Unchartered, TLoU and Journey, so I'm in luck.

I never got to play Uncharted since I was on Xbox the previous generation.  This time I went with a PS4 and I'm very glad these remasters are coming out.  Picked up this one today and now I'm having my fingers crossed that Mass Effect remaster gets announced at E3.

I see, and that was also the point I was trying to make :)

"I don't like remasters."

"Oh it's a game I like, then it's OK" It's not the first time I see this kind of reaction, especially with the "console wars" recently.

I kinda intended it to be some kind of joke at the same time though :) not really as a personal insult or something like that.

Fair enough. (Y) I did take it as an insult but thought about it some more and realized it might not have been. Thanks for the clarification.

I wonder if they will address some of the criticisms of UC1:

Criticism of the game included some graphical issues, such as texture pop-in and screen tearing.%5B9%5D%5B12%5D Of more concern were gameplay issues, including overall gameplay length being rather short, with reviewers completing the game in anywhere from six to ten hours,%5B72%5D%5B74%5D and some disappointment with the "not particularly memorable" vehicle sections;%5B11%5D the inability to both aim weapons and drive the jet-ski was a well-noted issue.%5B6%5D%5B72%5D Further, some "frustrating, repetitive slogs"%5B72%5D with regards to the "constant stream" of pirates and mercenaries,%5B9%5D and "moving from one infuriating firefight to the next"%5B13%5D towards the end of the game were cited as part of poorer elements of overall gameplay.

Obviously length probably isn't going to be, but some of the others could be.