Windows 10 Technical Preview - not genuine

I rebooted and found my copy of Windows 10 deactivated.  I did not think that was possible.   After all this is a free test copy.  Is Microsoft testing their activation?

Nothing and that there is the problem.

I'm sorry ... but you are doing something.  I doubt anyone else has similar issues (to scale) that you've had with regards to activation issues.  

Might be time to try Linux, Chromebook or a Mac.

I think this guy Norseman said it best...in your other thread "Will Microsoft rip me off again?"

I'm pretty sure he is trolling. No one I know would be formatting their main system and reinstalling everything so often and then complain in a forum such as this.

We need to find this poor fellow a job. sad.png

If that isn't the case then maybe your issues exceed the capabilities of the members here on Neowin and you need professional advice straight from Microsoft.

I'm sorry ... but you are doing something.  I doubt anyone else has similar issues (to scale) that you've had with regards to activation issues.  

Might be time to try Linux, Chromebook or a Mac.

I think this guy Norseman said it best...in your other thread "Will Microsoft rip me off again?"

If that isn't the case then maybe your issues exceed the capabilities of the members here on Neowin and you need professional advice straight from Microsoft.

As stated before...  

I have already switched myself and most of my friends and family to Linux.   It's a lot more user friendly than I originally thought it would be.  My Grandpa, mother, sister, and even my young nieces all have either Ubuntu or OpenSuSe.   

Games work wonderful on Linux, as Steam even supports Linux.  I can open any Microsoft Office document and even Apple documents, much to my surprise.  Hardware support is also on par being there is a wide range of both official and 3rd party drivers.

However... I would still like to try to have a working Windows 10 copy once it's out.  I think after buying so many copies of Windows... I'm due that.  Of course, with Windows 10 Technical Preview also becoming invalid, having never installed it more than once... I find it concerning.

Microsoft's official word appears to be of one who wants me to keep buying more.  

However... I would still like to try to have a working Windows 10 copy once it's out.  I think after buying so many copies of Windows... I'm due that.  Of course, with Windows 10 Technical Preview also becoming invalid, having never installed it more than once... I find it concerning.

Microsoft's official word appears to be of one who wants me to keep buying more.  

You should probably contact Microsoft with your unique issue.

As stated before...  

I have already switched myself and most of my friends and family to Linux.   It's a lot more user friendly than I originally thought it would be.  My Grandpa, mother, sister, and even my young nieces all have either Ubuntu or OpenSuSe.   

Games work wonderful on Linux, as Steam even supports Linux.  I can open any Microsoft Office document and even Apple documents, much to my surprise.  Hardware support is also on par being there is a wide range of both official and 3rd party drivers.

how the hell did you bought so many copies of windows and yet you are using linux?

hahaha troll is a troll. xD

You should probably contact Microsoft with your unique issue.

Regarding Windows 10....  I submitted it as a bug.  Being that I installed Windows 10 and never have re-installed it.

I doubt Microsoft is going to comment. 

how the hell did you bought so many copies of windows and yet you are using linux?

hahaha troll is a troll. xD

I'm sorry... I don't understand.  I think you're the one who is trolling.

Purchase windows, windows invalid, repurchase windows.

I also have more than one computer and I also dual-boot on them.

Regarding Windows 10....  I submitted it as a bug.  Being that I installed Windows 10 and never have re-installed it.

...and you never thought about calling Microsoft about your "invalid" Windows before repurchasing another copy.

ok then.  Right.

• Like 2

...and you never thought about calling Microsoft about your "invalid" Windows before repurchasing another copy.

ok then.  Right.

Of course I have.   :rolleyes:

They often tell me they cannot validate my copy or place me on hold, then connect me to their genuine advantage team who offers me a discount on a new copy.

However... This thread is about Windows 10 Technical Preview, which is not yet on sale.

ok then.  Right.

LOL

Stick with Mac or Linux, OP!

You do NOT make sense!

And please stop trolling around...

Like I said I had no problem with calling to Activation center to get a key without purchasing.

If you can't get it at all, then I suggest that you go back to Mac or Linux. That way you wouldn't worry about activation issues or Windows problems.

hmm i guess you are technically savvy enough. but to see you don't understand how to muster your technical know-how to install any kind of windows to any kind of hardware shows something. and you mentioned you use linux and ubuntu? seriously, who is trolling?

definitely, you need a dose of microsoft support and not here. go to your retailer and ask them if they can teach you how to install retail version of windows. from there if its win7 sp1 or win8.1 you can upgrade to win10 TP. but hey, this is easy for you lol. you just said you dual boot linux and other OS. hahaha funny

LOL

Stick with Mac or Linux, OP!

You do NOT make sense!

And please stop trolling around...

Like I said I had no problem with calling to Activation center to get a key without purchasing.

If you can't get it at all, then I suggest that you go back to Mac or Linux. That way you wouldn't worry about activation issues or Windows problems.

I fail to understand what I have said that does not make sense.  And I fail to understand why you assume I'm trolling.   I truly came here hoping to find a solution, beyond just repurchasing or abandoning Windows all together. 

hmm i guess you are technically savvy enough. but to see you don't understand how to muster your technical know-how to install any kind of windows to any kind of hardware shows something. and you mentioned you use linux and ubuntu? seriously, who is trolling?

definitely, you need a dose of microsoft support and not here. go to your retailer and ask them if they can teach you how to install retail version of windows. from there if its win7 sp1 or win8.1 you can upgrade to win10 TP. but hey, this is easy for you lol. you just said you dual boot linux and other OS. hahaha funny

I'm sorry, but you don't make any sense and I'm just going to assume you're trolling now.

There is nothing wrong with dual-booting or having more than one computer... And there is nothing wrong owning more than one copy of Windows (because you need 1 copy for each install)

But again, this thread is about Windows 10 Technical Preview.  Lets keep the thread apart. 

I fail to understand what I have said that does not make sense.  And I fail to understand why you assume I'm trolling.   I truly came here hoping to find a solution, beyond just repurchasing or abandoning Windows all together. 

I told you to call MS for activation issues.   If you can't get it working, then you are screwed or you were doing something wrong.

I told you to call MS for activation issues.   If you can't get it working, then you are screwed or you were doing something wrong.

He isn't telling us everything.  He is breaking activation.

Maybe he is working on a new WPA bypass?

• Like 2

Lets move away from the conspiracy theories, eh?   

yea.  Most certainly something on his end since this isn't a widespread issue with 10 (or in his case every version of Windows).

You've been given some excellent advice.  Time to either change your testing methods or if none of the suggestions offered are doable for you then find another hobby.   At this point it cannot be denied, you are doing something wrong.

• Like 3