Apparently, looks can kill. In a very real story that we assure you did not originate from The Onion, a terrorist from ISIS recently took a selfie of himself and posted it online.

Shortly thereafter, U.S. Intelligence, which heavily monitors social media accounts from ISIS members and supporters, managed to pinpoint an ISIS headquarters building in Syria by using the selfie photo as a reference point.

According to Air Force General Hawk Carlisle (which is a perfect name for an Air Force General we must say), airmen from Hurlburt Field, Florida in the 361st Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group were the first to pick up on the photo.

• Like 2

Either very stupid ISIL or very Clever, that selfie could have been a deliberate post to ge the Air Force to bomb a target for ISIL. Just saying would be some move it were true.  Propaganda at best.

Brilliant. A prime example of your average user not appreciating what can be done with a bit of work. I don't believe many people here would disagree with me when I say, "serves them right." :laugh: