iMac crashed with weird screen, won't get passed boot logo

I have seen that, on cards that have GPU memory problems, If the card is old enough (i think pre Radeon 6000 or maybe 5000) those ram chips can easily be swapped, if the 3rd party repair shop has them in stock. I got a Nvidia card fixed this way for 10$

Is it as easy as opening up the iMac and swapping our the card like any ol' PC?

Almost, but the gpus are not as compatible if they are not from a similar model. They will fit just fine, regardless of vendor, but it needs to have the same placement of the GPU chip and the memory modules, because of the custom cooling. Laptops and AiOs usually have one heatsink for both cpu and gpu and both of those chips need to be in a precise location for the cooling to actually work on both of them.

ok the next best thing you can do is to remove the card and send it off to some one who can "re-ball" the GPU, on ebay it costs about $70 thats only if you really want get the unit up and running again.

if you do decided to do that, once you get it back use some artic silver on it as the paste that apple use totaly suxs

I found some.  They're $100 and say things like "if we damage it further, we're not responsible" and "we can't guarantee success."  Classic lol.

I guess I'll look into selling this for scrap and buy a new one.  Sigh.  This is my first computer that's actually ever died on me.

Seriously?  That's kind of insulting.  I haven't even been active here for about 2 years.  Why would you think I'm making this up?  If I'm going after post count, why would I isolate my posts to just two threads?  This is the kind of stuff that made me stop posting in the first place.