Why does Dr. Pepper tastes like bitter almonds?

Exactly! My neighbour is a triathlete, he loves his fast food and beer, but all in moderation, he's as fit as hell (athletic wise, not to say he's isn't a handsome man, you understand).

yep, hey even arsenic is in your body naturally and in a lot of natural foods. but in such small amounts... yet we make arsenic sound like it will kill you the second you have even a microgram of it around you...

yep, hey even arsenic is in your body naturally and in a lot of natural foods. but in such small amounts... yet we make arsenic sound like it will kill you the second you have even a microgram of it around you...

I've never heard that (the killing part). Carcinogen, sure.

What is naturally in our bodies is organic AS, vs. the more poisonous inorganic AS.

Dont understand how your getting bitter almonds....

Personally its always had a more marzipan taste than bitter almonds....

Im not even sure what a bitter almond would taste like?!

If anything its Coca-Cola thats the odd flavour... I mean wtf is that meant to taste of? 

Sounds like he had something in his mouth that changed the taste of Dr. Pepper. Like last night I brushed my teeth and then used mouth wash. About 10 minutes later I decided to drink a half glass of Sprite. The Sprite tasted almost like grapefruit so I stopped drinking the rest of it. This morning the taste of Sprite was fine.

I've never heard that (the killing part). Carcinogen, sure.

What is naturally in our bodies is organic AS, vs. the more poisonous inorganic AS.

the general public doesn't know the difference between organic and inorganic, they just hear arsenic cyanide lead mercury and freak out without understanding that the natural versions of them are naturally occurring in you... generally people associate stuff like arsenic and cyanide with "murder" and "death" due to Hollywood...

The last few times I've tried a Barq's Root Beer I've noticed a cinnomon flavoring that I have never noticed in the first 20+ years of my carbonated drinking life.

Dont understand how your getting bitter almonds....

Personally its always had a more marzipan taste than bitter almonds....

Im not even sure what a bitter almond would taste like?!

If anything its Coca-Cola thats the odd flavour... I mean wtf is that meant to taste of?

Well marzipan is made from almonds....

• Like 2

Well marzipan is made from almonds....

Yip.. I know. Love Marzipan... but bitter almonds? Last i checked almonds were not bitter.

Or is it just me?

Yip.. I know. Love Marzipan... but bitter almonds? Last i checked almonds were not bitter.

Or is it just me?

no, i think it means that it tastes of almonds AND it tastes bitter  ;)

like you put some bitters on almonds. and added lots of sugar too.  that is pretty much Dr Pepper.

Or is it just me?

there are two types of almonds, sweet and bitter... bitter almonds if you don't extract the cyanide from them as little as 50 of them can kill you if you are an adult and as little as 5 of them if a child... most almonds produced for consumption are sweet almonds

hence why the OP said bitter almonds, they are implying Dr. Pepper will kill you if you drink it.....

there are two types of almonds, sweet and bitter... bitter almonds if you don't extract the cyanide from them as little as 50 of them can kill you if you are an adult and as little as 5 of them if a child... most almonds produced for consumption are sweet almonds

hence why the OP said bitter almonds, they are implying Dr. Pepper will kill you if you drink it.....

Aaaah ok. Did not know that. Thanks. 

Learn something new every day. :D