7 Shockingly Excellent Games That Surpassed All The Hype

Yeah agreed, and it's probably limited as the channel is about Playstation.

shadow of mordor

bioshock

alien isolation

dragon dogma (last gen consoles only)

spec ops: the line (giant spoilers in the review)

castlevania lord of shadows

batman: arkham asylum

only surprise is dragon dogma, since i missed it on the last gen, and i am likely will never play it.

the other one is spec ops the line, but the this video describing it is pretty much one giant spoiler.   the game is great, but the whole idea of the interesting story is not too see what happens in the end :angry:

i played it on PC and liked it a lot.  however i liked it because i had NO IDEA what to expect from it (i did not even read the reviews, only aggregate scores, and word of mouth recommendations

This should be under Sony since this is PlayStation channel.

Yeah I would prefer a list too :)

All of the games are multiplatform, therefore appeal to gamers in general (rather than exclusives).

Err wait... is that the guy who played Smegal? .... I was just kidding at first ...but that voice!! He looks just like him!

• Like 1

Can attest to Castlevania Lords of Shadow and Batman Arkham Asylum. Damn fine games.

Shadow of Mordor was just okay. It got mind numbingly boring after a few hours though.

Batman and the Castlevania games were 2 amazing games and the rest were just okay.

Can attest to Castlevania Lords of Shadow and Batman Arkham Asylum. Damn fine games.

they are all great.  the only one i did not play is dragon dogma, since it was under the radar here, i never saw it mentioned anywhere in stores or online... but that could be just me.

all the rest are good.   i was not a fan of castlevania or first bioshock (though i liked the sequels and i did play though most of it), but everyone i know was into them, so i guess it was personal preference.

i have to go back to alien though, played it on day one, and it crashed a lot for me.  i am sure they fixed it since then, but i decided to wait it out.   

will definitely play it this year.  same with castlevania, since i did not like first bits... but it looks like it gets much better later. 

so i have 2 games to go back too...  even though i am more then happy with witcher 3 for now (and it should last for a while, if i continue this pace). and arkham knight is coming. so this is pretty good year for gaming.

Shadow of Mordor was just okay. It got mind numbingly boring after a few hours though.

Batman and the Castlevania games were 2 amazing games and the rest were just okay.

see, it took me much much longer to get bored of SoM, and by that time I finished it (as soon as i was getting bored, i just went for main quests... none of that strategic stuff.... and planning... and i finished it in couple of hours after) 

about 16-18 hours, and i was only bored for a bit, before i changed the way i play.

yeah, this list is mix and match... personal tastes.  but overall, all games on average were far from OK.  all of them were great by general consensus, even if you did not like the games personally.

bioshock was total MEH! for me, and i kept playing only because all my friends were raving about how good it is..   i was getting more and more bored with each level and never got to the end (while it all started so good)

yet on average, this is a hit game. and most people will like it.

Bioshock was a very different type of game for the time. It seemed more of a showcase for possabilities for the Unreal engine and was a complete contrast to say Gears of War. It wouldn't suprise me at all if Rocksteady were taking notes.

I quite like it but I doubt I'll get to complete it as too many other games have a stronger appeal to be at the moment.

Too much fluff in his presentation. I'd rather just have a list.

The list and video has the alternate title of "Subjective list of games I really liked". 

Bioshock was a very different type of game for the time. It seemed more of a showcase for possabilities for the Unreal engine and was a complete contrast to say Gears of War. It wouldn't suprise me at all if Rocksteady were taking notes.

It was basically a steampunk version of System Shock. Even the main plot twist was somewhat similar.