"Winzip Self-Extractor header corrupt. Possible cause: bad disk or file transfer error.

Question

Recently after I installed win98, many problems happen. Most of them are happening on the setup files of many programs.

This is the most common error which i can get when i want to run many setup files downloaded from internet:

"Winzip Self-Extractor header corrupt. Possible cause: bad disk or file transfer error."

So, i tried to download a new version of winzip self-extractor, but the setup itself give me the same error msg.....

why????

9 answers to this question

Can I ask what hardware you setting this up on?  If it's old hardware then it's most likely down to the hardware failing.   If it's newer hardware then it could be driver issues.

Just from looking at the Winzip website:

System Requirements:

Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP

Windows 98 isn't listed as being supported. I'd be honestly surprised if any software offered to support Windows 98.

Just from looking at the Winzip website:

Windows 98 isn't listed as being supported. I'd be honestly surprised if any software offered to support Windows 98.

Most likely he's trying to setup an old rig using old software. 

And here I thought the winXP holdouts were dumb, and you think you can still use Win 98? 

Some people do to run old games.

• Like 1

Recently after I installed win98

There's your problem. No software supports Windows 98 anymore. Why would you even want a computer running that version? If it's for old games, use DOSBox instead.