Cop Under Investigation After Manhandling Pool Party Teen

I support this action. The kids need to comply with the law and not walk away from the police with an "I do what I want" attitude.

The kids are lucky they didn't get shot when they crowded the officer.

i was almost willing to blame it on the kids, as i know they can be vicious ######ers.

but looking at the video that one cop clearly did not behave in any way appropriate.   even his fellow officers had to stop him at one point.

another power hungry low level cop, of which there are all too many unfortunately. 

I support this action. The kids need to comply with the law and not walk away from the police with an "I do what I want" attitude.

Lucky they werent shot? Jesus man, this is the exact problem in America.

Instead of using firearms, why not use the taser gun? They are not fighting with violent criminals. They are just a bunch of teens.

because "fear for their life" is an excuse used by most "police officers" these days

Yes, that's it, they're lucky the officer didn't overreact and start randomly executing people.

Remember most of Baltimore riots were high school kids also.  So don't say 'they are just kids'.  If all of them decided to jump, tazer wouldn't do much.

I support his action. Kids today do not have any respects for older at all.

• Like 3

I don't know... if the girl had walked away any number of times like the police officer told her to she wouldn't have ended up with her face stuck in the grass.

Could the officer have handled the situation differently? Definitely yes. Doesn't change the fact that he gave her every opportunity to walk away. But she chose to stand there and keep running her mouth like a typical teenager who thinks they're untouchable.

Call me racist if you want. I simply do not have any sympathy for a person who continually plays with fire then complains when they get burnt.

Hopefully she learned her lesson.

• Like 2

The problem is that the officer was extremely aggressive, confrontational and disrespectful. One does not command respect simply by wearing the uniform - it comes from one's actions. He treated everybody with contempt. The officer had absolutely no control over the situation and was running around like a headless chicken. Things got out of hand as a direct result of his confrontational demeanour. The fact he drew his weapon is absolutely ridiculous and you could tell he was close to losing it and shooting someone. The other officers saw that and tried to prevent it.

I cannot believe that anyone can look at that video and think the behaviour of the officer was reasonable, proportionate or professional. This officer WILL kill someone if he continues to behave that way - it's only a matter of time. If anybody not wearing a uniform acted that way they'd be in jail. He's a thug, plain and simple.

Video fail now how am I suppose to watch. 

There's a link in the source article.

Theres no respect for the law anymore because the ironically the law has changed where they cannot beat the crap out of you like they did 30 odd years ago.

Remember as a kid you feared the law and cops because they could beat you for breaking the law? Now they cant do anything as almost EVERYTHING violates our rights. 
I would say if those days were re implemented, the crime rate would plummet from kids and teens.

The problem is that the officer was extremely aggressive, confrontational and disrespectful. One does not command respect simply by wearing the uniform - it comes from one's actions. He treated everybody with contempt. The officer had absolutely no control over the situation and was running around like a headless chicken. Things got out of hand as a direct result of his confrontational demeanour. The fact he drew his weapon is absolutely ridiculous and you could tell he was close to losing it and shooting someone. The other officers saw that and tried to prevent it.

I cannot believe that anyone can look at that video and think the behaviour of the officer was reasonable, proportionate or professional. This officer WILL kill someone if he continues to behave that way - it's only a matter of time. If anybody not wearing a uniform acted that way they'd be in jail. He's a thug, plain and simple.

So he told her to walk away quite a few times and she didn't. Whose fault is that? He literally gave her every opportunity he could to walk away. She didn't. That makes her responsible for any actions that follow.

Just to clarify I'm not saying he couldn't have handled the situation differently, he definitely could have. I don't disagree there.

the US is gone. civil authorities are just as bad as the criminal element

Yeah...no.

Video fail now how am I suppose to watch. 

Heavily edited version of the video:

http://youtu.be/Gl92emFF3Ww

I hear the original is over 12 minutes long and not edited to keep showing some things.

the US is gone. civil authorities are just as bad as the criminal element

Really?  All of them are like that?

Every last one?

Blanket statements are stupid.

• Like 2

The barrel roll at the beginning rofl

I tought i was watching a CHiPs sode or something.

I think he was recovering from falling. Embarrassing at any rate. Probably why he was in such a foul mood too (I am not condoning it).

IMO, she is of a (legally) responsible age, and refused to comply with reasonable requests of the cop. He gave her every opportunity, and whilst he was a little overzealous, I don't see any reason for him to be suspended.

not a  blanket statement rather,  a bigger picture  United states: nearly 400 people killed by cops

not all cops are bad but it is getting worse man having medical emergency pepper sprayed

Do you not know what a blanket statement is?

Here, I will make one so you can see.  All religious people are as nutty as WestBoro Baptist members. Sounds silly, doesn't it?

Lets go back to yours: civil authorities are just as bad as the criminal element

Yup, sounds just as ridiculous.

my goodness. are you angry? its best not to engage in conversations when angry because emotions tend to get the better of people at times.

my goodness. are you angry? its best not to engage in conversations when angry because emotions tend to get the better of people at times.

Not angry, just tired of the nonsense.

If you are going to stereotype all police officers (and you did), be correct.