Use your Xbox One gamepad wirelessly with your PC this fall

This is good news in my opinion. I sort of like the Xbox One's controllers more than the 360's now, at least the sticks anyway, and the dongle looks much nicer than corded one we have now. $25 isn't too bad I guess, but like someone else said their drivers better be really good this time.

Could you please explain what legitimate reason Microsoft could have for not releasing the wireless version of the XB1 on PC for nearly two years?

They don't want to support the drivers for it on Windows 7/8/8.1. So release it only on Windows 10, which they are targeting to have the biggest userbase. That's a legitimate reason.

Windows 10 only, no thanks. I'll stick with my Bluetooth PS4 controller with DS4Windows which works on Windows 7.

Tried DS4Windows is horrible on windows went with xbox one controller much better.

Conflict of interest yes, but they haven't done anything to deliberately sabotage PC gaming as that has continued to thrive despite MS' neglect. Thus they haven't undermined anything, they've only shifted their priorities because the money wasn't there and still isn't for the majority of games

Tomb Raider timed exclusive says hi.

• Like 2

They don't want to support the drivers for it on Windows 7/8/8.1. So release it only on Windows 10, which they are targeting to have the biggest userbase. That's a legitimate reason.

What? That's a TERRIBLE reason. No other manufacturer would make Windows 10 a requirement. It's yet another arbitrary restriction, like Halo 2 requiring Windows Vista. This only reinforces my point that Microsoft has contempt for PC gamers.

• Like 2

Pricing is no different than anyone else would charge for a dongle.

Only supporting Windows 10 is stupid though. You probably have to put more work into artificially blocking Windows 7/8 than you do allowing a dongles drivers to just work.

No doubt the drivers will be modded to support Windows 7/8 anyway.

• Like 2

Pricing is no different than anyone else would charge for a dongle.

Only supporting Windows 10 is stupid though. You probably have to put more work into artificially blocking Windows 7/8 than you do allowing a dongles drivers to just work.

No doubt the drivers will be modded to support Windows 7/8 anyway.

Which is no doubt going to push people towards Steam controllers more.

I'll be sticking with 360 controllers. Much better than X1's :yes:

Which is no doubt going to push people towards Steam controllers more.

I really doubt steam controller will get any traction.  I can't see EA or Ubisoft or any major really getting behind Valve.  The 360 is the standard controller with the Xbox 1 controller the successor.

What? That's a TERRIBLE reason. No other manufacturer would make Windows 10 a requirement. It's yet another arbitrary restriction, like Halo 2 requiring Windows Vista. This only reinforces my point that Microsoft has contempt for PC gamers.

Did you ask for a good reason or a legitimate one? From a business standpoint, not having to support Windows 7/8 is a legitimate reason. Use your words wisely.

Did you ask for a good reason or a legitimate one? From a business standpoint, not having to support Windows 7/8 is a legitimate reason. Use your words wisely.

That's not legitimate from the perspective of the customer. It's a sleazy business strategy.

Reminds me of other companies doing the same thing, like iOS9 alienating a bunch of iPads for features because the iPad is older.

I thought the same until I forced myself to use X1's and I would never go back to 360. Dem feels is so much better.

That's not legitimate from the perspective of the customer. It's a sleazy business strategy.

You never asked it from the perspective of the customer. I mean, from a business perspective, you are giving a free update to people on Windows 7/8 to Windows 10 in which it will be supported, you expect most of those people to migrate and you know that going forward you will be selling Windows 10 computers from OEMs...what business sense would it make to keep supporting Windows 7/8 if your expectation is for people to move forward (and you've given them an easier and affordable way to do so)?

I'm not saying I don't agree with you that they couldn't...I just think that from a business perspective it makes sense.

windows 10 only?   really?

ohh well i don't mind the wire when i occasionally game with xbox one controller on pc, so i am not paying $25 extra anyway.

w10 is a free upgrade, so theres no legitimate reason to complain

or the fact that you can still use a wired controller that can be used with any microUSB cord. This is only for wireless. This is first world problems to the extreme in my opinion.

You probably have to put more work into artificially blocking Windows 7/8 than you do allowing a dongles drivers to just work.

It's sadly probably true lol :p

Which is why I avoid Microsoft and Windows. Mac and Linux options are by far better options, though not for gaming sadly.

Damn, that could be a lot cheaper and a lot smaller! I'm ok with my wired 360 controller at the moment.

Which is why I avoid Microsoft and Windows. Mac and Linux options are by far better options, though not for gaming sadly.

What an odd and totally out of place reply :/