Orioles Empire

So, it looks like the orioles are trying to keep up with the arms race between NY and Boston.

If we sign Vlady, i'd say that the orioles have had the best free agent signings this year.

So, now that we have Lopez, what are the chances of getting Vlady?

And, where does pitching fall into it all? I mean, the orioles are going to be better, sure. But how much??

The pitching is pretty dismal..

A mediocre defensive catcher that can put up good offensive numbers and Tejada wont make a team night and day. Sure, they are great players, but without pitching improvements you cant expect to go much further. Sure, further than last year, but I doubt you will win the division. Definitely the best free agent pickups though.

i dont think you O's fans should get too worked up over Javy just yet. the javy everone saw last year was not the javy that had played for the last decade in atlanta - as far as im concerned it was a fluke. if he hits .300 with 30 HRs, i'd be surprised

If he hits .300 with 30hr's, that's alot better then Brook Fordice!

I do agree with the pitching. We need to do something about that

before we can even begin to talk about division title.

But, this is a start, and a start in the right direction.

If he hits .300 with 30hr's, that's alot better then Brook Fordice!

I do agree with the pitching. We need to do something about that

before we can even begin to talk about division title.

Very true, but it comes off as if you guys (Orioles fans) are looking for an instant solution and there isnt one. It takes time.

indeed it is. kinda exciting aint it? even though i despise baseball and what all the players are about... its still exciting.

The O's still have to play the sox and yanks almost 40 times. With the combined rotations of these two teams, it might be a little soon to be printing your AL Champs T-Shirts :)

I think that this will be the toughest division in baseball, and it is doubtful you will see an AL East wildcard team.

--

I agree. The orioles probably won't even make the playoff's this year, but, if you watched any orioles games last year, then you have to be excited about the moves they are making.

I mean, after Cal retired, we haven't had a face of this team. I think getting some of these

guys is a step in the right direction. I am not sure if I'd call Tejada or Lopez the "face" of an organization, but, if we do land Vlady, i'l be the first one to go get a jersey! :)

with lopez, tejada, and vlad (if they get him) all being hispanic, it will be a little harder for them to identify with baltimore fans. nothing against hispanics, but its a lot easier to identify with a mark mcgwire, barry bonds, curt schilling, than those who struggle with the english language. they are great baseball players, but it becomes more of a challenge to market them.

If you guys live in Baltimore area, I will have a skybox 7-10 games this season, you all are welcome. Ill let you know when I find out the dates in Feburary

ha, awesome, too bad i dont live up there though. :(

but similar thing for me, ive got 2 season tickets to the braves, i go to about 15 games during the regular season, if you wanna go, let me know