New York Prison Escape

WOW, 5 DAYS!!!

Do you guys think these two killers are VERY VERY intelligent which is why they haven't been caught yet or do you think the cops are just incompetent?

I can't believe there are 1000s of polices/FBI/US Marshalls on this huge manhunt, and they still have no single solid lead so far.

They are GOOD!!! Civilians and law enforcement shouldn't underestimate them.

EDIT: An article for reference.

Edited by Nick H.
Added an article to the post

I'm not in America, neither are a large percentage of our members. My point is that you should really link to a news article if you want to discuss something being reported in the news.

I assume you're referring to this?

I'm not in America, neither are a large percentage of our members. My point is that you should really link to a news article if you want to discuss something being reported in the news.

I assume you're referring to this?

You're 100% correct.

Well from reading through this article it sounds like they were assisted from someone inside the prison. While that doesn't make their evasion any less impressive - if that's the right word to use - it does help to explain how they were able to beat the system.

Also note from that article that they have been possibly spotted. Their time is running out, I think.

It depends on if they resist when found. In cases where it's an escaped violent criminal the cops won't be playing games. Not one little bit.

Seeing as these guys are all murderers, I figure they've already armed themselves...

Seeing as these guys are all murderers, I figure they've already armed themselves...

Wouldn't surprise me one little bit.

Who's doing the searching varies somewhat. In more populous areas there are enough officers and agencies to handle it, but in very rural areas and many states the Sheriff will sometimes deputise a possee of adult civilians. This is done under their Common Law posse comitatus power. Some have a regular possee which is used as an armed or unarmed police auxiliary.