Question about OneDrive and PC restoration

Apologies if this is a bit hard to follow....

I've decided to take advantage of all the extra storage I get with my Office365 account. I'm not crazy about storing sensitive data on the cloud so, it will be limited to things like music, pet pics and public worthy docs. Local backups are kept as well. Say I wipe/reload my PC and intend to restore this same data using my local backup, how do you accomplish this without OneDrive not attempting to sync at the same time? Obviously, I don't want to DL 20GB of music if I have it locally. would the best method be to disconnect from the net till local data is restored?

Apologies if this is a bit hard to follow....

I've decided to take advantage of all the extra storage I get with my Office365 account. I'm not crazy about storing sensitive data on the cloud so, it will be limited to things like music, pet pics and public worthy docs. Local backups are kept as well. Say I wipe/reload my PC and intend to restore this same data using my local backup, how do you accomplish this without OneDrive not attempting to sync at the same time? Obviously, I don't want to DL 20GB of music if I have it locally. would the best method be to disconnect from the net till local data is restored?

Yes, I'd disconnect it from the net.  But if you're using Windows 8 or above have it connected to the Internet during Setup and OOBE so you get yourself a Microsoft account login.

That's my issue. I use an MS account. Although I don't have any problems now, I'd like to know ahead of time the best method for restoring data. It would be rather inefficient to let it pull down all my data if I already have it on-site.OneDrive is going to being syncing once the account is logged in. Disconnecting from the net seems like a very messy way to have to go about this.

Either I'm missing something or MS hasn't considered this scenario.

Once logged in, can't you just cancel the syncing, right click the OneDrive icon in Explorer, and then move all your content to the right folder.

After that continue syncing as before?