Here's Why I hate Samsung!

Had an S5 a year ago - too much boat - was laggy.
Now I have an iPhone 6 and am selling it this week on eBay and getting a 6 Plus.
I have no complaints on the iPhone - I wish the battery lasted longer, but I have a lightning cable everywhere I go.
Resale value of apple products is pretty amazing.  I bought the iPhone 6 the week it came out - and mine is selling all over eBay for $500.

I wish the iPhone had the OLED screen of the S5 though - that thing was beautiful.

One thing that sucks is just 2 weeks ago I bought a special case for my phone - carbon fiber, and now Im getting rid of the phone. :/

It's insane that the S5 is laggy. That thing has some serious horsepower. It should fly.

What are you storing on your phone that you need more than 32/64 gb for? Use the cloud that's what it's for 

• Offline navigation maps. Sygic has guided me around the world for years. The maps take up several GBs. 
  • Podcasts. They add up.
  • Audiobooks. See above.
  • Music. See above.
  • Photos. When I'm traveling I don't always have data/wifi.
  • General storage. If you use WhatsApp with many people sending photos around, it can fill up pretty quickly.
  • Like 1

I love my S6 Edge .. beautifully designed. Only worry I have is battery life .. I used to have an S5 with two spare batteries on me - very useful when I'm travelling and use the phone a lot for music and keeping in touch with family. I'm worried the S6 battery won't last long enough. I'm travelling next week, so can tell you after that.

It's insane that the S5 is laggy. That thing has some serious horsepower. It should fly.

I'd attribute it to Samsung using someone else's software that is not totally tailored to the particular device.

But that's the nature of Android:  Google provides the OS... then it's up to the OEM to shoehorn it into the device. Then they add their own software on top of it too.

All that serious horsepower gets negated by too many cooks in the kitchen. :D

• Like 2

I came here to see the reasoning behind your Samsung hate and instead I find an article with misleading topic.
Samsung does other things, besides phones, aswell. SSDs or M.2 drives for example, which are epic. I own 2x256GB 840 Pro's. TVs.. I have a UE55JS9002T, which has amazing colors.

I wouldn't, most likely, ever consider buying Samsung phones, but yeah.. it's not because I think Samsung sucks overall.

PS! "No Resale Value of their hardware" <- this is not Samsung specific issue. Consumer hardware in general depreciates its value very quick.

Its funny - I dont remember that post - I do remember how laggy that Samsung was - a shame too.

I now have the iPhone 6 Plus, and the fancy carbon fiber case I was looking for... but it doesnt protect 100% and for the 1st time ever, I cracked the glass by dropping it - think I need to go back to an Otterbox

you need to remove the battery when it locks up hard and I gotta do that to my freakin gnex 3x or more a week... gonna get an s4 or LG G3 soon

I had the Note II, loved it except for the bloat. The bloat is what made me decide on the Nexus 6. Oh and the N6 just updated to Marshmallow 6.0.

you need to remove the battery when it locks up hard and I gotta do that to my freakin gnex 3x or more a week... gonna get an s4 or LG G3 soon

Just FYI, there are ways to restart a device w/o a removable battery when they "lock up hard." Smartphones these days are more stable than ever, so you really shouldn't have to be doing hard reboots. But then again the GNEX is an utter piece of garbage.

I'd attribute it to Samsung using someone else's software that is not totally tailored to the particular device.

But that's the nature of Android:  Google provides the OS... then it's up to the OEM to shoehorn it into the device. Then they add their own software on top of it too.

All that serious horsepower gets negated by too many cooks in the kitchen. :D

lol, good analogy. It is possible to do it right, though. The HTC M-series phones run just as smooth as Nexus devices, and they customize it all over the place, too.

1. Too Many Phones.

2. LaggyWiz 

3. They release Plus versions of their flagships (Then you feel like an idiot for buying a Sammy device just a month ago)

4. Slow Updates to OS. 

5. No Resale Value of their hardware. (You only get about $200 avg for a $600 device after a year)

6. No Service Centers

Okay. Now before anyone opens their big mouth calling me fanboy or iBoy etc, lemme tell u that I am a Samsung Galaxy S5 User and an ex iPhone user.

I have been using GS5 for about a year now and I came to realize that these phones have no resale value at all. There's a reason why Apple's new phones/ old phones and even god damn DEAD phones sell like hotcakes. On the other side no body gives a damn about Galaxy Devices. Even if they are a brand new released device. 

Samsung keep's making 100's of new phones every year. And then it takes them a whole lot time to release updates for past and present phones. Each of their device(s) has a different look, interface, specs that it confuses consumer. Therefore, people in general decide to buy iPhone because they know its not going to be labeled as an "OLD" Phone. Not at-least for 2 - 3 years. They know their phone will get updated when other Apple phones will. And they have some ETA. Whereas, in Samsung's case, people forget about its even a "few months old" device. Let alone software updates/ bug fixes.

Now to those who just bought a Brand New Galaxy S6/ Edge. There's a new phone coming out in a month or 2 called : Galaxy S6 Plus/ Edge Plus. It'll be most likely upgraded with Better Processor, Storage, Better Battery and Memory with new Software pre-loaded.

So how would you feel? Let me know what do you think about Samsung and the way it's spawning of tons of phones.

1. They have to cater to multiple user types thats why they have alot of phones

2. There are far too many launchers out there to replace touch wiz with if you dont like it. Personally I have always liked touch wiz.

3. Do your research before you buy a phone, apple does the same thing with 2 phone releases a year.

4. Thats not a Samsung issue but more so a wireless carrier issue. The only reason apple gets around that is because they control the updates.

5. You are reselling at the wrong places or waiting too late to sell the device.

6. If you have a warranty or replacement plan on the phone its often times cheaper to do that than to pay a service center.

As a current note 5 user who bought the 64gb model I do not miss the SD card at all. My previous phone was a S4, Right now my only concern with the note 5 is that I am terrified that its going to break due to it being made of glass but I bought a military grade case. If Samsung made an active version of the note 5 that could be purchased from T-mobile I would be all over that.