Halo 5 - No split screen or system link co-op

Indeed. I nearly fell off my chair when I read the over reaction to something that really is a non issue.

Looking forward to another great game on the Xbox One and people trying to knock it will always happen with those few regulars though.

Edited by Andrew

My beef with this setup (microtransactions) is that it's largely unnecessary. I'm glad they are attempting to put in new modes, but I feel Halo is slowly becoming some Destiny / Call of Duty / Counterstrike hybrid monster. That's not what I want from Halo and I don't think 343 Really understands this yet. They already tried going down the Call of Duty route with Halo 4's weapon drops for kill streaks and that was removed from the MCC multiplayer version (probably because people didn't like it).

I just don't really see a place for it in this game either. The more I played the multiplayer in the Beta, the more I read about the way the game works and the kinds of things popping up in it the more I realize that if I buy the game I'll probably not play its multiplayer component at all. I'll stick with campaign and cooperative play because honestly, it's not really Halo anymore.

343 are slowly destroying Halo, one game at a time :(

Topic cleaned

Do not flame any member directly or indirectly, no matter how right or wrong you believe that member to be.

The MP in Halo 5 is more like the originals, none of that stuff from 4's, the weapon drops and so on, it's back to being about map control and all that.  But that's one side of the MP, warzone is a different type of MP and has it's own thing going, it's massive PVPVE free-for-all.  REQ packs don't hinder or help anyone, and in fact most of the money from their sale will go to future Halo5 tournament cash prizes. 

People over-reacting to this, it's really not an issue when you read the details about it, and it's not like CoD and so on.  I'm very much looking forward to playing warzone, I'll probably be doing that more than anything else, I only played big team battle in Halo 4, I love bigger maps, it slows the gameplay down to something more to my liking because of the scale of the maps.

Halo 4 was fine, No where as good as 2 and 3. But MP was still enjoyable and still had a decent community playing it. Unlike other games like Killzone\resistrance\uncharted(uncharted 3 MP was a mess). Those games MP die off so fast. To this day people people still play h4, the same can't be said about those games i mention.

Looking forward to h5, I'm glad 343 are separeting big maps and arena base gameplay. H5 will be fine and just like H4 it will sell tons, because it has a huge community behind it.

The funny thing is running,jetbacks,loadouts, armor abilities where all introduce by bungie not 343.

• Like 1

343 are slowly destroying Halo, one game at a time :(

Topic cleaned

Actually, they are improving it one game at a time.

• Like 2

Its like a little kid learning how to take its steps. You want to encourage them but at the sane time you just wish they could walk already. Especially when you already had another kid and you helped then get to walking state just so they could bail on you.

• Like 1

Its like a little kid learning how to take its steps. You want to encourage them but at the sane time you just wish they could walk already. Especially when you already had another kid and you helped then get to walking state just so they could bail on you.

What's the equivalent of foster care in the gaming world? :p

What's the equivalent of foster care in the gaming world? :p

Signing a publishing deal with EA.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

No local co-op, No LAN/System Link co-op. Microsoft have obviously forgotten why people liked Halo. Just got home from my friends place playing Halo 3 & Halo Reach co-op campaign 4 player with 2 360's and 2 TV's and nobody had to pay for a gold subscription and had a great time. The logistics of trying to get 4 xbox one, 4 TV and 4 gold subscriptions is mind boggling. What on earth were they thinking? If they were counting on Halo being a system seller they're going to have to keep this information under wraps or hardly anyone is going to buy the Halo 5 edition console.

• Like 1

No local co-op, No LAN/System Link co-op. Microsoft have obviously forgotten why people liked Halo. Just got home from my friends place playing Halo 3 & Halo Reach co-op campaign 4 player with 2 360's and 2 TV's and nobody had to pay for a gold subscription and had a great time. The logistics of trying to get 4 xbox one, 4 TV and 4 gold subscriptions is mind boggling. What on earth were they thinking? If they were counting on Halo being a system seller they're going to have to keep this information under wraps or hardly anyone is going to buy the Halo 5 edition console.

Indeed, i'm still pretty annoyed about this. Some of my friends i'd like to play co-op with don't own an Xbox One yet, basically meaning i'm going to be playing the game solo. Playing co-op over Xbox Live is no where near as fun as been in the same room as the people you are playing with. Sadly i know i'm by far in the minority thinking this.

Indeed, i'm still pretty annoyed about this. Some of my friends i'd like to play co-op with don't own an Xbox One yet, basically meaning i'm going to be playing the game solo. Playing co-op over Xbox Live is no where near as fun as been in the same room as the people you are playing with. Sadly i know i'm by far in the minority thinking this.

There being no splitscreen is sadly a byproduct this gen's weak console hardware. Digital Foundry made a video showcasing all the graphical compromises that had to be made to keep it running at 60fps. It's running very smoothly, perhaps the best in Halo's franchise, but it's obvious this wouldn't work in splitscreen, perhaps not even at 30fps, which would require an engine rewrite. There being no system link or campaign matchmaking is complete BS though, that should have been there.

There being no splitscreen is sadly a byproduct this gen's weak console hardware. Digital Foundry made a video showcasing all the graphical compromises that had to be made to keep it running at 60fps. It's running very smoothly, perhaps the best in Halo's franchise, but it's obvious this wouldn't work in splitscreen, perhaps not even at 30fps, which would require an engine rewrite. There being no system link or campaign matchmaking is complete BS though, that should have been there.

Indeed this gen has been disappointing both hardware wise and software wise. Don't get me wrong i do think the Xbox One Architecture is very impressive, however for a console released 8 years after the Xbox 360 the performance we're seeing from a lot of games is very disappointing. The Gears of War remaster can only manage 30fps in campaign, then some games are released totally broken e.g The Master Chief Collection & Tony Hawks 5... requiring absolutely massive patches, which then create additional problems!

Although we should obviously mention the positives too, the new dash released soon is really nice and fixes the mess the old dashboard is in my opinion. The game DVR is also a really nice touch and the console has grown from the most useless media device in to the only one required under the front room tv.

Granted i'm sure Halo 5 is a great game, I know it is multiplayer wise so hopefully my Xbox One is going to get some use from now on! Just can't also help feeling disappointed at the same time though, as co-op campaign really is where the fun in playing a campaign is.

• Like 1