PS4 Media Player

Personally, I use Emby, so I'm following them closely for closer ps4 support.  UMS is a great choice though, I've just used Emby for years and still like it as my media server.  They already have dlna support, so anyone using Emby can use it on the ps4.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up an Amazon Fire TV the other day for £59 in a flash sale. Probably signals the end to me using PS3/PS4 for a media server. UMS works great with Kodi after I sideloaded it onto the Amazon fire.

I picked up an Amazon Fire TV the other day for £59 in a flash sale. Probably signals the end to me using PS3/PS4 for a media server. UMS works great with Kodi after I sideloaded it onto the Amazon fire.

Have any references for sideloading on an Amazon Fire? I know I can do it, just never even read how.
Just curious if there is anything better than the sideloadfiretv website I found. 
I am also assuming it works on the Fire TV Stick?
I will give it a shot, if for anything else to starting using my Fire TV stick. I kind of have a problem with just picking up new gadgets even if I already have 3 things that do the same thing. I did think being a Prime member would mean I would start using the Fire TV stick a lot. That has not been the case.

Have any references for sideloading on an Amazon Fire? I know I can do it, just never even read how.
Just curious if there is anything better than the sideloadfiretv website I found. 
I am also assuming it works on the Fire TV Stick?
I will give it a shot, if for anything else to starting using my Fire TV stick. I kind of have a problem with just picking up new gadgets even if I already have 3 things that do the same thing. I did think being a Prime member would mean I would start using the Fire TV stick a lot. That has not been the case.

I followed this guide, it uses adbfire :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_gkSeGBJP4

Warning: English accent :p

I followed this guide, it uses adbfire :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_gkSeGBJP4

Warning: English accent :p

I need subtitles for this!!!
Haha just kidding, I understand my man completely.
Thanks for sharing. I will try this over the next couple of days. Looks like I could have a second life for my Fire TV stick.

I need subtitles for this!!!Haha just kidding, I understand my man completely.
Thanks for sharing. I will try this over the next couple of days. Looks like I could have a second life for my Fire TV stick.

Definitely. Kodi will play everything, with subtitles as well, without transcoding.

Definitely. Kodi will play everything, with subtitles as well, without transcoding.

So I just finished watching that video, I will be incredibly excited if iVue somehow works for me in the states. It means I could watch Peaky Blinders (when it comes back) and Orphan Black (my cable company started charging for BBC America) and all the other BBC shows I love. So I am going to try and mess with that as well.

So do I need to install any other apps within Kodi to stream from UMS, or does it do that within the base application?

So I just finished watching that video, I will be incredibly excited if iVue somehow works for me in the states. It means I could watch Peaky Blinders (when it comes back) and Orphan Black (my cable company started charging for BBC America) and all the other BBC shows I love. So I am going to try and mess with that as well.
So do I need to install any other apps within Kodi to stream from UMS, or does it do that within the base application?

You can just add UMS into Kodi under video, files. You will have an add option and it can pickup on any DLNA server. There might be an even easier way to do it, but I'm still learning Kodi.

You can just add UMS into Kodi under video, files. You will have an add option and it can pickup on any DLNA server. There might be an even easier way to do it, but I'm still learning Kodi.

This Kodi is KICK ASS!!
First off thanks again for that video. Just followed along and basically installed it in real time with the video.

I also installed the iVue, and awesome awesome awesome. I now have British TV!!!!
Seriously if you have any recommendations for any other of the Add-Ons, please PM me with them.

So I tried streaming a 1080p DTS 8GB file and I thought for sure it would be super laggy since my FireTV Stick is on WiFi, and it ran just as good as my wired PS3.
Super impressed. Damn.

• 3 months later...