[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

is there a way to see to what machines are under your insider profile?

Not as far as I can see, they just show you every device running 10 that's linked to your account (And it tracks that by machine name + something else, when I did a reset install it duplicated the system entry because the name changed, but deleting the old name unlinked the current install)

I hate to be hating, but I'm getting really freaking mad. They broke Snap with build 10158 and they haven't fixed it since. With every update that comes out  get hopeful and then let down. Please, Microsoft, fix this.

I just left the insider program on one of the 3 computers I paid $2 for Windows 10 pro. I rebooted and i'm still activated.

Sticking with the Insider Program for the foreseeable future on both of my machines (desktop/laptop). Anyone heard any news on Windows 10 Server? Anxious to test it.

I'm staying on the program as well. My system is running great....and after seeing some of the RTM threads...I think I am lucky to not be a part of a mass deployment....I'm happy and I'm staying put......cheers...:)

I'm on the RTM build at the moment (also in the Insider Program). I plan on buying a new SSD eventually, so obviously I will have to re-install Windows 10. When I do so, will Windows be activated? I do not own any W7/8 licence, so that's why I'm asking.

I'm on the RTM build at the moment (also in the Insider Program). I plan on buying a new SSD eventually, so obviously I will have to re-install Windows 10. When I do so, will Windows be activated? I do not own any W7/8 licence, so that's why I'm asking.

From my understanding, if you want to remain an insider then no you won't need a 7/8 license. Just skip that during installation and it will activate based on your Microsoft ID.

Related to the poll: Do you really need that poll on top? Its bugging me :p . Also the questions have become irrelevant now.

That poll has been there since September 2014, it's interesting to see what people voted for, and I don't want to/ can't remove it.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't seem to contain enough new things to warrant a 3.2GB download for me on a 2Mb/s connection.

Hopefully the next internal build contains some more interesting stuff.

There's probably a number of bug fixes and performance updates as well that they're not going to detail for us as well.

There's probably a number of bug fixes and performance updates as well that they're not going to detail for us as well.

I understand that :)

For me it's not worth downloading just to run it in a VM. All that to see I can adjust some colors. :)

When they release a new one with more visual changes and add some features i'll download that one.

If they would have improved tablet mode I would be all over this right now ;)

Doesn't seem to contain enough new things to warrant a 3.2GB download for me on a 2Mb/s connection.

Hopefully the next internal build contains some more interesting stuff.

.esd file or .iso?

It does seem faster.  But Chromes 64 bit version won't load a page, any page...even it's own settings.  The 32 bit one is working fine.  (I do have a few Flash games Edge doesn't like loading.)

Build 10525 is out, now lets you customize title bar colors!

In this build, it's either on or off. (As it's tied to the accent color of the Start menu and taskbar). You'd think Microsoft would add one more toggle, letting you have the title bar colored independently of everything else. But since they didn't, there will be a whole new field of complaints.

Anyway, this build is relatively stable for me, but that strange bug where my speakers don't work is back, after being gone in RTM. Usually a reboot fixes it, but I thought the issue was gone for good.

In this build, it's either on or off. (As it's tied to the accent color of the Start menu and taskbar). You'd think Microsoft would add one more toggle, letting you have the title bar colored independently of everything else. But since they didn't, there will be a whole new field of complaints.

Anyway, this build is relatively stable for me, but that strange bug where my speakers don't work is back, after being gone in RTM. Usually a reboot fixes it, but I thought the issue was gone for good.

Can you take a screenshot of the coloured title bar? I'd like to know what it looks like.

It's just the start, they'll keep adding things to it, I think the delay with the whole title bar and start menu color bit was do to the new Windows Store apps probably not following the color setting for their title bars.   I expect next up they'll let you set the start menu and taskbar to different colors, for now I'm fine with having them all be the same, it's how it is for me in 8.1.