[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

I don't know what you're talking about, buddy, the 3-app model is fine for me. I can use the messaging app to text on Skype and via SMS, and you can make calls from the Messaging app anyway, the other app opens without having to look in the Start menu. You're overreacting.

We haven't seen what a new UWA Skype client looks like, there's still one coming, these are there for better integration, mostly for mobile, and once they're done they should do the job just fine without needing you to get the full all-in-one Skype app.  Or to open it each time you want to do one of these tasks specifically when you don't have to now.

is there an ISO of build 10547 out there? I have the RTM as an ISO but I am not sure if I want to reinstall that and then do all the OS updates after that. (history: I upgraded my 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro and then have done all the fast ring updates; however, when I cloned my drive yesterday from one SSD to another soem stuff seems odd and I figured I should just clean install at this point)

There's a UW Skype app coming? That's news to me.

same here..didn't know there was a single UW Skype app coming as well! I am guessing sometime when Windows 11 SP5 ships?

There will be a new mobile build this week but not today, maybe tomorrow.

Anyone brave enough to run the leaked build yet?

I never see the point of doing that anymore to be honest, and seeing that build 10565 is on the slow and fast ring i suspect it wont be too long before another build appears on the fast ring.

Anyone brave enough to run the leaked build yet?

Winbeta says this build is experiencing random slowdowns and high CPU usage. Would definitely stay away for now. 

No, for me about the same.   Nothing out of the ordinary - messaging doesn't work for me, for some reason.  but all in all.. Very polished..

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.10.18_18h44m15s_001_.png

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.10.18_18h46m26s_003_.png

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.10.18_18h48m51s_004_.png

Normally I'd have installed something else by now but my usual options (Panda and Bitdefender) were having issues with win10 on my box.

They never really find anything anyway, so eh.

Which antivirus program are you using in windows 10 10565, ESET 8 and 9 don’t work.

Avast works fine with Windows 10 10565+ 

Avast works fine with Windows 10 10565+ 

since we got to the AV discussion.. what AV are you using btw? i used BD 2016 but it uses too much RAM (i do need 2 GB more to make it 8 though).

Thanks