[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

Another change I've found in 10576 is with the Store app. Before, you'd go to "Downloads & updates" -> "Check for updates," and it would automatically find and start downloading the updates. Now, it finds them, but you have to manually choose to update app by app or all at once.

Oh wow, look what finally got updated in 10576:

Mouse_Properties.thumb.PNG.571969b1786eaMouse_Properties_2.thumb.PNG.292dfc7b84a

Updating the icon is pretty pointless IMO, I'd rather they just fold this whole thing into the new Settings app and be done with it, it'll probably happen but who knows when.

Store got an update. Menu now look nicer on desktop and rearranged a bit. Yet Update screen is full of hardcoded English strings. Still no what's new and date of update on Update screen and still no similar apps functionality. Still really hard to find a good popular app. Some quite a while ago they also unlocked ability to update a single app. My library still not fixed. Odd lines have same background color as hover color.

A month ago i had entered my Windows 8 key into the activation box inside Windows 10 which then said activated, then tried to drop out of being an insider, i couldn't without downloading the old RTM, so i didn't do this as it meant a reinstall.

This build is TH2 RTM  with no watermark or references to an insider build, so it let me drop out of it, but what i have noticed is i am still activated and not an insider anymore so do you think i have effectively now got the FREE upgrade from Windows 8.1 as i want to avoid installing 8 again to find out?

Also does everyone have the same Windows 10 Pro key as this is mine VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T which appears all over the interwebs too?

Received a giant stack of app updates tonight. My Mail live tile now reads "1". How mysterious (there are no new messages). Still, this is an improvement over the previous version, which was displaying a preview for a message that I was pretending never to have got.

I notice that Photos is making images (particularly those with text) look awful. This seems not to be related to the automatic image enhancement setting, since it's turned off on my end. Fortunately this is a display issue and appears not to reflect changes to the files being displayed.

photos.png

• 3 weeks later...

A recent update to Mail (and Calendar) brings the app to version 17.6509.64001.0. App settings have been reorganized in the flyout pane. A notable new feature is the ability to link inboxes from multiple accounts - something that's been requested frequently via the feedback app.

link.png

settings.png

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm.... might get a new desktop builds today. Gabe said "No new mobile build today" when asked after a new mobile build, but usually he says, "No news to share today" or "No new build today" instead of specifically calling out the platform.

19 minutes ago, Studio384 said:

Mmmm.... might get a new desktop builds today. Gabe said "No new mobile build today" when asked after a new mobile build, but usually he says, "No news to share today" or "No new build today" instead of specifically calling out the platform.

I wouldn't get your hopes up yet.  But it was implied that there might be a new build early-mid January IIRC, so who knows.

4 minutes ago, patseguin said:

As long as the file copy bar is back, I am happy.

Seriously, what a major oversight...How does a software giant like Microsoft allow something like that happen? Pretty inexcusable, even for an insider build. 

On 10/23/2015 at 4:35 AM, BajiRav said:

so I updated to 10565 today and now start menu/notification area won't work even after installing all updates for 10565. is there any way to get it working?

I'd go to 10586. that might have fixes for what your PC needs.

added: oops that's on the slow ring too. ;) 

Seems like the issue where some biometrics login methods wouldn't respond to input is now fixed. The fingerprint reader on my old laptop can now be used to log in again.