[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program

Windows Technical Preview  

1,031 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 being best. What do you think of Windows 10 from the leaks so far?

• 5.Great, best OS ever
    • 4. Pretty Good, needs a lot of minor tweaks
    • 3. OK, Needs a few major improvements, some minor ones
    • 2. Fine, Needs a lot of major improvements
    • 1.Poor, Needs too many improvements, all hope is lost, never going to use it
  2. 2. Based on the recent leaks by Neowin and Winfuture.de, my next OS upgrade will be?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Sticking with XP
    • OSX Yosemite
    • Linux
    • Sticking with OSX Mavericks
  3. 3. Should Microsoft give away Windows 10 for free?

• Yes for Windows 8.1 Users
    • Yes for Windows 7 and above users
    • Yes for Vista and above users
    • Yes for XP and above users
    • Yes for all Windows users
    • No

On 7/3/2017 at 6:06 AM, patseguin said:

How do I revert back to the latest stable build? I remember doing that a couple times in the past but I don't see the option to do it anymore. When I click the option to do it, it just puts me in the control panel section where I can choose between a clean install  or an install where I keep my files but lose apps.

In the past, I was able to just select an option to remove the insider build and revert to the previous build I was on which was the latest public release. Do they no longer allow that?

you cant. you can only go one build back

I've been using the last build as my primary OS on my couch computer. No issues, rock solid. But it's installed on a second hard drive. I have an msata card with the lastest creator update if I ever have to go back.

If you really don't want to run these builds in a test VM, then the best option is to dual boot just in case something goes bonkers on your system.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone off the top of their head know where these registry keys are stored? I'd like to remove the two orphaned entries for products I no longer have installed. Tried to search google but wasn't sure the correct terms to use, so I was overwhelmed with the search results and most of them were not what I needed.

browser.png

EDIT: found them under HKCR, Vivaldi and Chrome had entries there.

Edited by Circaflex

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 2:29 AM, Circaflex said:

Does anyone off the top of their head know where these registry keys are stored? I'd like to remove the two orphaned entries for products I no longer have installed. Tried to search google but wasn't sure the correct terms to use, so I was overwhelmed with the search results and most of them were not what I needed.

browser.png

EDIT: found them under HKCR, Vivaldi and Chrome had entries there.

Just wondering, how did you uninstall them?  Did you use their own uninstallers or did you do it through Windows' add/remove programs in settings?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been experiencing crashes with the Remote Desktop win32 application? Out of the blue, the application will crash and doesn't give me much info. I didn't notice this on the last build, but on 17025 I am seeing this.

On 10/15/2017 at 9:11 AM, George P said:

Just wondering, how did you uninstall them?  Did you use their own uninstallers or did you do it through Windows' add/remove programs in settings?

I used appwiz.cpl to remove them, I believe this uses their own uninstaller but I could be wrong.

• 6 months later...

This topic seems a bit dead, maybe because it's so long 300+ pages, and no ones going to even think about digging through all of that.  I wonder if we should unpin it and start over with a new one picking up with the current RS5 builds?

reason why this topic is so unpopular because people lost fate in MS, doesn't matter what you ask for, or what feedback to provide, MS still does whatever the hell they want.

most of the feedback gets ignored, they simply don't care.

2 hours ago, nekrosoft13 said:

reason why this topic is so unpopular because people lost fate in MS, doesn't matter what you ask for, or what feedback to provide, MS still does whatever the hell they want.

most of the feedback gets ignored, they simply don't care.

That's really not how it works.  They get feedback from a lot of people, not just you and people like you.

21 hours ago, George P said:

This topic seems a bit dead, maybe because it's so long 300+ pages, and no ones going to even think about digging through all of that.  I wonder if we should unpin it and start over with a new one picking up with the current RS5 builds?

I think a lot of people had a little too much 'fun' with the insider program and bowed out.  I know I did for the most part.  :/

Wasn't entirely sure if my post would be good in here, or under software, but lets try this first. I am on insider build 17666 and Office Insider 1806. When I open Outlook, I am prompted to enter a username and email for my work or school account, it auto fills with my Microsoft Account but wont take. If I remove the account and reopen outlook, the popup is gone. Last night I added the account back and everything seemed fine. I closed and opened outlook multiple times, however, today I am not facing the same issue. Is this a known bug or has anyone experienced this?

• 4 months later...

Looks like this thread has been dead for a few months,  really think we should start a new thread once 19H1 builds kick into high gear.

• 8 months later...

Not sure if this is new (I've been a bit under a rock lately) but did they actually update the Edge top sites appearance after all these years? The damned must be ice-skating in hell...

Capture.PNG

• 1 month later...

fingers crossed for the new preview I am really very exited about it and I heard few rumors but I hope that would be just rumors or nothing please keep posting guys thank you.....

• George P unpinned this topic