US says woman will appear on new $10 note

Since she was French / Polish I don't think that'd go over well not being part of the USA as a citizen...

of corse not, but give the current state of affairs in the usa i thought it was a fitting remark ;) even in jest

sure it's not the $8.75 note? I mean women make less then men at the same job right? :rofl:  :rolleyes:

<note this is sarcasm>

The wage gap is a myth though perpetrated by the misinformed. FYI.

Oh well.....I was hopeful that it was going to be Sports Illustrated's swim suit winner for 2015.......I'll move along now........ :(

"mankiller"?

"Abolitionist Harriet Tubman was the public's top choice, beating out finalists, former first lady Eleanor Roosevelt, civil rights activist Rosa Parks and leader of the Cherokee nation Wilma Mankiller."

:p

That would increase the cost of makining each denomination. Different sizes could theoretically help the blind, however textured Braille numbers would do the same at a much lower cost. This is a feature on Canadian bills and will be introduced on the new US bills.

My list

Abigail Adams: author, wife or mother to 2 presidents. Advisor to husband John Adams during the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia

Harriet Beecher Stowe: abolitionist, author Uncle Tom's Cabin

Clara Barton: founded American Red Cross, humanitarian, Civil War nurse.

Elizabeth Blackwell: first US female physician

Eleanore Roosevelt: wife/advisor FDR

That whatever you wrote in that incomplete sentence makes no sense in english.

Ohh come on. You knew full well what he meant. It does not take a genius to figure it out. Native speaker or not.

So? If you did know what he meant.. why are you posting this? And if you really didn't... I am sorry.

It seems like a personal issue.

The hell is that supposed to mean..

My sentiment too. Someone seems too righteous ;)

Canada has had this forever.

I could not care less about pictures

But I am loving the new plastic money. Really, if US wants security and durability. Use plastic. I was not sure at first but I am totally sold on the idea now. Plastic money is so much better. Only negative it the banks counting machines

How about Marylin Monroe in that famous white dress photo? It's pretty iconically American...

Yeah sure. This will certainly please the womens groups that are responsible for this decision in the first place.

Lol

Yeah sure. This will certainly please the womens groups that are responsible for this decision in the first place.

Lol

Why do you think I suggested it! ;)

There's nothing in this world quite as entertaining as deliberately pissing off a feminist. You just can't buy that much funny!

• Like 2

Eleanor Roosevelt would have been my vote but I am fine with the current choice. All these women are excellent choices and deserved to be honored.

sarah-palin-dollar-bill-currency-cash-ar

As if I did not have enough nightmares or insomnias already ....