UK - Music groups win court battle over private copying of CDs

I am best firends with a very chart topping trance DJ and his songs appear on tons of top EDM album comps and he only got 3K royalties off of 4 albums that were the "leading" ones -_- 

And now it is illegal to rip CDs and movies for personal use in the UK.

Good luck with enforcing it. It was pretty much impossible before and nothing has changed. Record labels and music bodies are just keen on creating a dog in the manger situation, which cheeses me off no end.

• Like 1

I like to buy CD's so I physically own the music and I have them on display. I am sorry but if I want to store my CDs into my digital library then I will.

I like to buy CD's so I physically own the music and I have them on display. I am sorry but if I want to store my CDs into my digital library then I will.

Exactly, this will change nothing.  People will continue to backup their CD's and movies, and no one can stop them.

Well, good luck trying to stop me, I refuse to damage my cds, or have to replace now unreplaceable albums due to going out of circulation

In my car, I keep no originals, last time I had a rare Roxette cd stolen when my car stereo was, took months to track down an as new import...

My home on the other hand, I will be heartbroken, as some are no longer available, (but criminals always find a way eventually :( )

Exactly, this will change nothing.  People will continue to backup their CD's and movies, and no one can stop them.

it's like they expect me to insert my CD into my iPhone or iPod