North Texas Flood (Pics)

Here are some pics from around town.

These are pics of the main access road in and out of Flower Mound.  This is a major street, with typical big city rush hour traffic.  Now all of the people are forced to go way out of the way to go to work causing major traffic issues everywhere nearby.

This is 1/2 mile from a mall, across the street from new apartments, and the northern corner of Grapevine Golf Course.

Basically, before the tropical depression hit a few days ago, the Army Corps of Engineers said if we were to get any rain, the Trinity feeding into Lake Grapevine was already 5 feet above flood stage and would flood all low lying areas, it did.

These pics only show 1 highway underwater, but it is pretty vast as the Trinity River snakes throughout Dallas / Ft Worth.  It hasnt rained in days, but the waters continue to rise.

This was yesterday.
post-508501-0-85386500-1434858782.jpg

This was from this morning

post-508501-0-43854000-1434858829.jpg

Another view
post-508501-0-45659300-1434858849.jpg

I speak to members of my team @ work who are in California and they tell me how bad the drought is there - Mother Nature is unforgiving

• Like 1

A shame there isnt an efficient way to do that.

My company just moved their HQ from San Diego to Dallas, and a lot of the people on my team are talking about all the rain, and how the temperature "isnt that bad".  I tell them the massive rainfall was unprecedented, and in a matter of weeks the temps will be above 100 with humidity so high you can see it.

A lot of people in the area of bad flooding are being invaded by snakes.  In that one pic you can see an apartment complex, my fiance knows someone who lives in there and said a neighbor had 2 on her balcony, and she lives on 3rd floor.

I dont know if the snakes are water mocassins or just snakes that live in the woods who have had to get out since its underwater.  There is some wildlife in that area, which is one of the reasons people love living here.

You are 15 minutes from DFW Airport, and all of the niceties of living in a big city, but Flower Mound, and Southlake are mainly woods, and parks.  So it is not uncommon to see a deer once in a while, or bobcat, even a cougar, and coyotes are all over the place.   My parents live in a golf course in Flower Mound that is surrounded by woods, and they see all kinds of things out there - its really pretty nice.

But right now, the area is a mess with this flooding.  The areas that feed off the river, its not just standing water - the water is rushing - like white water rapids rushing.