PSU Question

As seen in my sig, I currently have a Corsair TX650.

Being I am going with a new case, I want to have a full modular PSU. I am looking at the Corsair RM series. I see this one with a $20 MIR:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139055

I'm OK with 650W, but maybe go 750W for future proofing. Also, I'm a Corsair/Seasonic PSU guy.

Can you guys get any better?

Thermaltake and corsair are both fine in my opinion, I got a cheap 600w sharkoon psu :p

At least this one is Gold certified. Not like the last one that was bronze.

that thermaltake should be a good PSU, but ive never owned one. tbh any branded PSU should be pretty good these days. im partial to Silverstone.

I'm a big fan of the Seasonic 760w XP2. It's 80+ Platinum rated and fully modular. It is a bit on the pricey side, but I learned the hard way to get a quality PSU after dealing with an OCZ that took out my last build (CPU and mobo). Thankfully everything else was in tact.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151120&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Power+Supplies-_-N82E16817151120&gclid=CIiqpfjur8YCFUI2gQodBEoPFQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yeah, had an OCZ one, too. But it never messed up.

I went with the Thermaltake. Got it yesterday. :)

I haven't tried it yet. I'll install it today.

Well, I'd certainly skip that Corsair CX750. There are only a few Corsiar PSU's that are still made by Seasonic and the CX750 isn't one of them. The CX750 is made by CWT and it is anything but a good PSU. You can check out a review here

In fact for anyone looking to by a new PSU, I recommend you first look it up at RealHardTechX, read the reviews linked, then make your purchase decision.