looking for a FPS to blow off some steam

I'm not a gamer but like to play an FPS every once in while when I'm stressed out. I played COD and BF in the past, what can I go for now?

I don't do multiplayer, only single.

The latest Wolfenstien is a casual/easy play FPS. Something to play when you are just trying to relax and wind down for the evening.

*Edit* Story is a little raunchy though.

Metro may just put more stress into his head, since parts of it are horrific. Wolfestein The New Order should suit you just perfectly. Awesome shooter.

If none of these interest you, time to go classic and play some Doom or some Marathon. Truthfully though, if you don't feel like playing some of the ones listed here, then give the entire Halo series a try. Pick up MCC and play through the story, considering you said no online then I will assume you might be one of the few who wont rage at MCC.

Classic games are made for de-stressing:

Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior Classic, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Doom II, Postal 2, Unreal Tournament

Or some modern titles:

Dishonored, Wolfenstein: Old Blood

Classic games are made for de-stressing:

Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior Classic, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Doom II, Postal 2, Unreal Tournament

To add to those, Hexen, Heretic, Strife, Dark Forces

Want a similar FPS to play that has no real scary story line? Play some Portal. You don't shoot bullets, but you will have a genuinely good time in, what could be called, a FPS.

Absolutely the best mindless shooter is Painkiller (Gold/Black Edition)  

forget the later installments in the franchise they were crap. the original stands as the most entertaining FPS ever. Different then Doom or Quake or Unreal.   Better even, in my books!

The bosses were EPIC!   Huge!    Impossible at first go, very satisfying when you kill them!

Painkiller is a good recommendation. (Y)

I also have to say the new Wolfenstein. It is really not that scary. :laugh:

Also Shadow Warrior 2 is a lot of mindless fun.

And actually a game that was not great, but really took the whole concept of mindless fun to a good time to play in an FPS experience was Bulletstorm.

• Like 1

If you havent played them yet... Borderlands. Humble Bundle has them on right now.... very fun FPS with very minor role-playing type stuff (and I'm not a RPG fan at all).

I'm not a gamer but like to play an FPS every once in while when I'm stressed out. I played COD and BF in the past, what can I go for now?

I don't do multiplayer, only single.

Far Cry (Either 3 or 4), You'll get lost in it for a while.

• Like 1