Building a new PC.

You know what, you dumbed yourself again. You need LGA 1155, not LGA 1150

You know what, you dumbed yourself again. You need LGA 1155, not LGA 1150

I saw,  I am giving up. The only thing I am taking is the HDD's and SSD and GFX for now.  I'll post a new build here shortly.  Going from my I7 to an I5 I believe.  Seems like if I ever want to upgrade that i7, it will be hard and the Extreme 4 the reviews are too mixed for me to spend money and it not work and redo everything later on.  

Should I go with an I5 4690 or a lower I5 like a 4590? 

You never mentioned you are going with a lower CPU, iirc...

It depends on the price plus value you want out of it. Me, I'd go the cheaper end, as I see little difference. More money for your GFX or SSD, or whatever you can upgrade.

The reason your having a hard time finding a good Motherboard is its a old CPU so are you now saying you can change this?

Yeah. I originally figured "it's a gen 3 i7. I should be able to update the board later." And apparently not.

I've been checking out the MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 now.

It's now an option to just buy a new CPU too. I don't think there is much of a decrease from going from an I7 to a high end I5 is there? Some Gopro stuff, mostly games.

Instead of the $409 on the original bill. With the higher I5 and that MSI board and ram I got it up to $570. Not too bad. I just won't buy everything at once. Probably smaller items first then the mobo and processor at the same time.

The 4690 looks like a good CPU and fairly new.

Here is the new build.

What do you guys think?

I don't think I'll notice a difference in games from my I7 currently.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.88 @ OutletPC)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)

Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Micro Center)

Total: $574.84

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-26 19:26 EDT-0400

I already stupidly bought SATA cables from mono price because I want a certain color.

If this is good enough I am going to buy the case next week along with the PSU. then the following week buy the ram. Then towards mid July the MB and CPU. How's that? I'm keeping Gt 650 (or 645) until August or,September and upgrading it.