Pizza driver fatally shoots would-be robber in Hollywood, Florida

I don't consider that a life saved. What is saved, in having a criminal run free? It's obviously not the general public.

Well, like it or not, guns save the lives of bad guys too. Whether you think their lives are worth saving is a different issue.

It's California, one of the most backwards, pacifist states in the union, he'll be lucky if they don't charge him, the victim, with murder for not allowing himself to be robbed.  When you try to rob somebody, to take something that's not yours, especially while threatening the use of deadly force, you forfeit your right to life.  I'd rather live next to a convicted serial killer than a thief, they're almost the lowest form of scum on earth.

Psst, the article title contains: Hollywood, FLORIDA.

• Like 2

Well, like it or not, guns save the lives of bad guys too. Whether you think their lives are worth saving is a different issue.

we shall agree to disagree on existence vs life. :) Thieves may not be, but we can be gentlemen.

Yeah, good on him for shooting someone who hadn't shot at him. Cos he couldn't just give them the money, the insurance company would've paid his employers, he would've got some kind of compensation, they would have found the suspects eventually and no-one would be dead.

Typical liberal "the criminals and scumbags of society deserve to steal from those who work with no repercussions" response.

He wouldn't have gotten crap, the insurance company probably wouldn't do anything, and the only one who had been hurt in the end would have been the pizza driver.

Scumbags deserve to be dead.

• Like 3

You know someones mind is set against guns when, when a story comes out about how a person used a gun to save their own life and still the gun haters nip pick the story

"The stray shots could have easily killed more people." But they didn't

"Yeah, good on him for shooting someone who hadn't shot at him." Maybe he would have, maybe he wouldn't have, I don't want to wait around and find out which.

I'm not trying to shock anyone with this next comment.

But I personally think you forfeit the right to live the moment you try to rob someone.

I agree with you on everything except for the last point.  Many people rob so they can eat.  Not all robbers deserve to die.

• Like 1

I agree with you on everything except for the last point.  Many people rob so they can eat.  Not all robbers deserve to die.

by Rob, I mean pull a knife or a gun on someone with the intent to rob.

• Like 2

In the United States you can make a living by working, no matter how crappy of a job.

There is a big difference between a janitor and a thief: at least a janitor will work and EARN his money, while a thief takes from others what is not his to take.

In the United States you can make a living by working, no matter how crappy of a job.

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of homeless people.    Working and making a living are two different things.

There is a big difference between a janitor and a thief: at least a janitor will work and EARN his money, while a thief takes from others what is not his to take.

I'm not debating definitions here, simply pointing out that a person robbing someone so that they can eat does not deserve to die.

by Rob, I mean pull a knife or a gun on someone with the intent to rob.

Yes, violent robbers are different and I wouldn't want to be in a situation where I wait to find out my fate.  

Good on the pizza guy. If mass shootings were not common (in before a gun nut pulls up the statistics about how your more likely to die in x/y then a mass shooting) and this was how guns were used the majority of the time then people would be more OK with guns. The sad fact is this is not the way this usually works. I will always carry my handgun in the US wherever I legally can, but would rather lve in an environment I didn't feel I would need a gun.

• Like 2

Then that person should stand on a corner and beg for $ or go to a free kitchen as opposed to breaking the law.  You are correct, no one "deserves" to die, but when you rob someone and the person being robbed fires at you or protects him/herself and you get hurt/killed, then you "deserve" it. You should feel lucky you don't get hurt/killed. The person being robbed has EVERY right to defend him/herself. It's always easy, after the fact, to wonder why the person being robbed fired his gun when he had no idea what the robber was trying to do. I can't read people's minds. Can you? Think the expression "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" comes into play here.

I'm not debating definitions here, simply pointing out that a person robbing someone so that they can eat does not deserve to die.

• Like 2

Typical liberal "the criminals and scumbags of society deserve to steal from those who work with no repercussions" response.

Show me a single source that makes that claim. I think you are making it up.

He wouldn't have gotten crap, the insurance company probably wouldn't do anything, and the only one who had been hurt in the end would have been the pizza driver.

Scumbags deserve to be dead.

LOOOOL OK Clint, calm down.

Show me a single source that makes that claim. I think you are making it up.

You can think what you want. I know that all the looters in Baltimore and Ferguson didn't loot TV stores to feed their families. People who steal phones from people in the street must deserve the phone more than the person that shelled out $500 for it huh?

You can think what you want. I know that all the looters in Baltimore and Ferguson didn't loot TV stores to feed their families. People who steal phones from people in the street must deserve the phone more than the person that shelled out $500 for it huh?

This is different than what you are claiming. You equate liberalism with theft and lawlessness? I think thats odd.

My two cents on this....

If you perform any aggressive act on another person, with the intent to serious harm, kill, or give the impression that either could occur - you accept ALL possible outcomes - including the loss of your own life.

They knew the risk of possibly being killed could happen, as low as the probability may be.  By acting they've accepted those odds and now paid the cost.

Sympathy = zero.

Lets hope its not a white pizza deliveryman and black robbers ....  riots in Florida !

LOOOOL OK Clint, calm down.

You look really french in your pic... are you french ?

• Like 1

It's California, one of the most backwards, pacifist states in the union, he'll be lucky if they don't charge him, the victim, with murder for not allowing himself to be robbed.  When you try to rob somebody, to take something that's not yours, especially while threatening the use of deadly force, you forfeit your right to life.  I'd rather live next to a convicted serial killer than a thief, they're almost the lowest form of scum on earth.

Oh the irony, kinda stepped in it didn't you.  Helps to read, keeps one from coming across "backwards."  ;)

And by the way, believe it or not the are a lot of good conservative Republicans in good ol' Cali-fourn-eye-ay.   :p

But I personally think you forfeit the right to live the moment you try to rob someone.

I personally think that you need to further qualify that statement. Unless of course you actually believe that theft should be punishable by death?

I personally think that you need to further qualify that statement. Unless of course you actually believe that theft should be punishable by death?

How does this sound?

- But I personally think you forfeit the right to live the moment you try to rob someone - using a deadly weapon. 

It's unknown what will happen to the driver since Domino

• Like 2

It's California, one of the most backwards, pacifist states in the union, he'll be lucky if they don't charge him, the victim, with murder for not allowing himself to be robbed.

>

I know someone in California who had 3 home invaders break in and attack. That person dropped all 3 and faced no charges.

As to the "could have hit someone else" argument: stats show you're better off with a licensed civilian shooting than a cop. Cops hit a bystander about 11% of the time, licensed civilians about 2%.

It's matter of practice and recertification. On average civilians practice more than cops do and they recertify more often - especially outside of large cities.

In Michigan and many other states we recertify every 3-4 years. Some large metropolitan area cops recertify every 2 years, but they're the minotity. I know suburban and rural cops with >10 years in who have not recertified since they got their badge. Many of them couldn't hit their own ass using both hands.

yea, if two masked and armed people came up to you in a threatening manner....

yes.

I don't think anyone here would say that pocketing a Snickers bar is worthy of death .. but yea ... if you threaten me and I have a means of defending myself and you die ... well so be it.

Can not believe anyone is defending the two armed wannabe robbers just because they picked the wrong pizza guy to rob.

Where are the riots from the kids delivering pizzas being shot ? 

We need Al Sharpton to rally us !!  Oh to heck with it - lets just go to Hollywood, FL and loot the crap out of the town & claim we are persecuted and we are doing it in protest :rolleyes:

We will say we want to be taken seriously, be treated as animals, and that pizza delivery people matter ! - But we will act like wild animals who belong in the zoo ! 

Who's With Me ?!?!   Then we will go streaking

• Like 2

stealing from me does not = death.
trying to kill me, harm my fiance, or harm my dogs - I hate to say it, but I dont know if I could stop myself if someone hurt my dogs.
Defending myself, or my fiance - well yes - I would do what I had to do.

I would have no problem killing someone, taking someone's life- taking away a family member, someone's son, someone's father - no problem, wont think 2x about it.

However, if I accidentally run over a squirrel, or when I hear about a dog being abused - I get upset.

• Like 2

stealing from me does not = death.

trying to kill me, harm my fiance, or harm my dogs - I hate to say it, but I dont know if I could stop myself if someone hurt my dogs.

Defending myself, or my fiance - well yes - I would do what I had to do.

I would have no problem killing someone, taking someone's life- taking away a family member, someone's son, someone's father - no problem, wont think 2x about it.

However, if I accidentally run over a squirrel, or when I hear about a dog being abused - I get upset.

You know, I may disagree with a lot of things you say, but on this one I agree 100%.

• Like 2