w8.1 many network adapters , is it safe to disable ?

hi

only under w8.1 pro 64bit ,under device manager ,networks i have many many adapters

may i ask 2 question ?

l have several adapter  liike

1) microsoft isatap adapter ,microsoft isatap adapter #2,microsoft isatap adapter #3, microsoft isatap adapter#4 ,5 ,6 and 7

2) tap-win32  adapter OAS,tap-win32  adapter OAS #2 ,tap-win32  adapter OAS #3 tap-win32  adapter OAS #4

3) tap-windows v9 ,tap-windows v9 #2 ,tap-windows v9 #3,tap-windows v9#4 , tap-windows v9 #5

1) is safe to disinstall all these  network adapters listed above?

2) i tried everything to prevent the creation of this adapter the only way is to open the cmd as administrator and give this commands

netsh int teredo set state disabled
netsh int 6to4 set state disabled
netsh int isatap set state disabled

Is safe to disable the creation of adapters with the command line listed above?

thanks in advance

you could also just disable ipv6 with

reg add hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\tcpip6\parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 255

And that should get rid of your isatap, teredo and 6to4 which are all ways to get on ipv6 from ipv4 only -- are you using ipv6?  Nobody needs three ways to tunnel ipv6 over ipv4 ;)

As to tap drivers, that v9 is most likely vpn related.  Do you have a openvpn client installed?  Some other software or even malware could of installed the tap stuff?

If you don't know what installed it then yes uninstall them - when some software you use no longer works you prob figure out what installed them ;)  I keep my tap disabled unless I am going to be using my openvpn so I get a clean output with ipconfig /all ;)

are you using ipv6? 

Do you have a openvpn client installed?  Some other software or even malware could of installed the tap stuff?

hi

no ,i'm not using ipv6

and no i don't have openvpn client installaed

malware i have only legit software , adobe ,office , eset smart security and antimalwarebyte

but the command lines are safe?

i mean disable these adapters will not give problems with surfing net, emails and other

i have these adapters only under w8.1

thanks

hi

thanks for the answer!

sorry but i can not edit

this is what i uninstalled , all of them

AbpdjDB.png

Ny6rNIP.png

did I do right?

and about

reg add hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\tcpip6\parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 255

may i ask you  to re-enable?

thanks

to put it back to default delete the key

reg delete hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\tcpip6\parameters\ /v DisabledComponents /f