Dying Light dev takes the ******* out of Destiny's Red Bull promo

Activision upset many fans when it announced that some of Destiny's upcoming content and XP bonuses would be reserved exclusively for North Americans who drink Red Bull.

To combat this energy drink/video game marketing ploy, Dying Light developer Techland decided to offer free content to those who drink water. Any kind of water. Which humans need to survive. In other words, everyone.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-24-dying-light-dev-takes-the-######-out-of-destinys-red-bull-promo

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

I love water. I understand it makes up a large percentage of the liquid in my beer. How much Red Bull do you find in beer? 0%.

I can't drink energy drinks generally so I don't think I could have one, sit down, and try to game.

• Like 1

I love water. I understand it makes up a large percentage of the liquid in my beer. How much Red Bull do you find in beer? 0%.

I can't drink energy drinks generally so I don't think I could have one, sit down, and try to game.

I tend to find a good about of Red Bull in my vodka, tho.

It is funny whenever I see a gamer drinking any kind of energy drink like it's water and it does zero since all they re doing is SITTING DOWN.

Drink a bunch then actually do something then you'll get the energy boost. Sit in a chair or couch all day, you'll feel hyper for a short period then back to normal or instantly crash. Some people don't get that lol.

Good luck on mixing energy drinks with vodka. Hope you don't make that a regular drink unless you want to screw your heart up.

Isn't Dying Light the game that had horrible review embargoes and locked an entire multiplayer mode behind a pre-order bonus? Or am I thinking of another zombie game? If I'm not, why are people praising the actions of an awful company?

Isn't Dying Light the game that had horrible review embargoes and locked an entire multiplayer mode behind a pre-order bonus? Or am I thinking of another zombie game? If I'm not, why are people praising the actions of an awful company?

Hard to say, never heard of Dying Light before this BS came up 

never had red bull & never will. i drink about 8 glasses of 16 oz water a day

And? 

All pre-order bonuses should be available for those who drink water*. Good idea if I say so myself.

*So, everyone.

• Like 2

I tend to find a good about of Red Bull in my vodka, tho.

:o  And you play video games in that state!?

Seriously though, I can't drink energy drinks. Too much coffee and I am all jittery. 

Dying Light is a great and fun game. It didn't have embargoes, but they also didn't send out any free review copies.

This exclusive DLC stuff needs to stop, specially the exclusive DLC pre-order if you go with vender A over vender B and so on.  Just knock it off already, all the DLC should be open to anyone, regardless of when they bought the game, from who they bought it, or on what they play it on. 

• Like 2

:o  And you play video games in that state!?

Seriously though, I can't drink energy drinks. Too much coffee and I am all jittery. 

I have a huge caffeine tolerance.  I used to drink Mt Dew to help me go to sleep

Dying Light is a great and fun game. It didn't have embargoes, but they also didn't send out any free review copies.

Because the performance of the game was HORRIBLE when it launched.

It is funny whenever I see a gamer drinking any kind of energy drink like it's water and it does zero since all they re doing is SITTING DOWN.

There are energy drinks that are designed to stimulate the mind just as much, if not more-so, than the body. Red Bull is one of these energy drinks. Cheaper drinks like Monster are more likely to cause jitters and stomach aches when consuming and sitting. Furthermore, drinking an excess amount of any energy drink can cause kidney and stomach problems.

I've attended many college courses with and without a Red Bull. There is a noticeable difference in the ability to stay focused and alert, somewhat comparable to an Adderall pill.

My point is that it is not necessarily bad to consume an energy drink and then sit. It depends on the person's body, tolerances, type of drink, and type of activity.