Brand new Y50-70 Lenovo ordered today | Freezes and Blue Screen

Guys, moving  SSD HDD with Windows 10 on it from one Lenovo to another newer model, could it be the reason for random freeze ups (only sound continue) and blue screen with "BAD POOL HEADER"? Even if all drivers been installed using new model's drivers CD?

The freeze, not blue screen, actually kept sound/music working, anything else stuck.

I am bit worried since the store tech guy used plastic stick he found at his lab to try and open the laptop back plate, he wasnt sure how to open it.... until i told him just pull it up, i did pull it up and it opened. So he placed it in my SSD drive inside and I took it home after he was nice to install all drivers from new laptop into my Windows 10 setup on that SSD.

Thanks! 

I could be wrong, but you may want to check your RAM. I would suggest using something like memtest to see if it gives you any errors.

Are you running something in particular when the BSOD happens?

I could be wrong, but you may want to check your RAM. I would suggest using something like memtest to see if it gives you any errors.

Are you running something in particular when the BSOD happens?

Hi the BSOD happened during windows 10 drivers live update process if i am not mistaken

but this two last freeze ups happened just random, no special reason to find.

Reinstall win 10 from scratch, even if real lucky and same hardware do HDD swaps rarely work 

I am happening to be on Condo located 10 minutes in taxi from Lenovo warranty lab center, should I jump there for hardware cross check and if they find no issues with hardware then reinstall windows? this way eliminate h/w issues.

PS: This laptop bought today.

I would run the tests myself, but I guess if you're nearby you could get them to tell you what is wrong and maybe get a replacement without paying anything (depending on what they find.)

UPDATE:

Random freezes and memory error pop ups continue.  Lenovo warranty lab center ran Bios test on all hardware parts and found no issues on h/w level.  They told me install fresh new OS and better if its windows 8 or 7 since 10 not yet supported by drivers officially and this supposed to solve everything.

I would never try moving a system disk from one PC to another, unless it hadn't yet been licensed and the other computer had the EXACT same hardware..

I would never try moving a system disk from one PC to another, unless it hadn't yet been licensed and the other computer had the EXACT same hardware..

yes...had hopes that Windows 10 knows to update its drivers on migration to new laptop..

Triple Wood Knock... so far after reset and installation of Lenovo drivers from win 8.1 on Win 10 11030 it all looks slick. Using it with music, youtube and even ran a game....Lets see it continues stable and awesome..

Conclusion: Dont move HDD from old lap to new lap and expect Windows to work :)

Thanks for all guys here!

No... again All screen frozen...music kept singing on youtube...  after few minutes like this i pressed power button...it went sleep and woke up and all back working and music kept sing..

Ideas?

Are you installing any software or hardware besides what comes in the laptop after you did the reinstall?  What SSD drive do you have in there?

Are you installing any software or hardware besides what comes in the laptop after you did the reinstall?  What SSD drive do you have in there?

Hi,

I installed some regular apps that never caused any special issues.  Besides this USB connected:

USB 1TB HDD

2 X Disk on keys

Mouse

SSD Model:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820510032

I'd guess there is a driver problem with windows 10 and your video.  Bad pool header is almost always driver related.  Is that video the Intel or did you get a discrete card?