Supreme Court Rules All States Must License And Recognize Same-Sex Marriages

Source. Took me about 2 seconds to find that.

Good to know how much time it took you to find that. I found it too before posting my reply, didn't you know, but it's not a very good source, as the article details.

Im sure above source and references were a next logical step to all the homosexual history of the Greeks - dont know if its true - but one can certainly think, well what if the 2 guys who just engaged in sodomy said, "hey I like you !"

Who knows ?

Good to know how much time it took you to find that. I found it too before posting my reply, didn't you know, but it's not a very good source, as the article details.

Good to know that you found it before posting your reply.

This seems to be highly disputed. Not sure if I buy into it.

Are you saying same-sex couple should refrain from adopting because of ignorant parents not teaching their kids that some kids can have two moms or two dads and that bullying is wrong under any circumstance? Seriously?

BTW, you're not giving kids enough credit for their intellectual curiosity. Generally, when kids see something "out of the ordinary", they'll point it out to you and ask you about it without passing judgment.

This isn't directed at you but...If you're raising a child to believe that kids MUST HAVE both a mom and a dad, compelling him/her to ridicule anybody not meeting this "standard", please do the rest of us a favor and not procreate any more.

Do you think EVERY parents will teach their kids right and wrong? NO. If that was true, then we are living in a perfect world.

Do you think EVERY kids have enough intelligent to know right and wrong? NO. If that was true, then we are living in a perfect world.

The world is getting worst by the minutes and more parents are neglecting kids more nowadays, because of work and other issues. Kids spend more time in school and friends than at home. Parents probably have an idea what school is teaching the kid but friends are different. Kids coming from good parenting will teach them what is going on in the world. Bad parenting is what gives kids do whatever they want without good directions. I agreed that when kids see something "out of the ordinary" they will ask the parents or someone who is close to them. If this "parents" is not in present, the kid will either go figure oneself out or see what people do and i will bet it ain't going to be good.

A lot of criminals, sociopath or f***ed up people are result of bad parenting or some kind of trauma in their childhood. Childhood is the most vulnerable period of the life time and need a lot of dependence. If that ain't the case, why would they will go on the path of self destruct.

Be gay isn't a crime but something needs to be done about teaching kids the "right" directions.

im just wondering from some posts.

you must be cristian to be able to marry? if your not you cant marry anyone?

just my thinking at everyone has right to their religion but dont force it to others.

Do you think EVERY parents will teach their kids right and wrong? NO. If that was true, then we are living in a perfect world.

Do you think EVERY kids have enough intelligent to know right and wrong? NO. If that was true, then we are living in a perfect world.

So you're suggesting that same-sex marriages shouldn't be allowed because, in the event that the same-sex couple should want to raise children, our society is unable to create a perfect environment, devoid of ignorant parents who might possibly raise their children to be bigots and subject the children of same-sex couples to bullying.

Listen to how patently ridiculous that sounds.

The world is getting worst by the minutes and more parents are neglecting kids more nowadays, because of work and other issues. Kids spend more time in school and friends than at home. Parents probably have an idea what school is teaching the kid but friends are different. Kids coming from good parenting will teach them what is going on in the world. Bad parenting is what gives kids do whatever they want without good directions. I agreed that when kids see something "out of the ordinary" they will ask the parents or someone who is close to them. If this "parents" is not in present, the kid will either go figure oneself out or see what people do and i will bet it ain't going to be good.

A lot of criminals, sociopath or f***ed up people are result of bad parenting or some kind of trauma in their childhood. Childhood is the most vulnerable period of the life time and need a lot of dependence. If that ain't the case, why would they will go on the path of self destruct.

I'm not sure what world you live in, but in my world if I so much as utter the phrase "black person", my kids are saying to me, "Ooh, that's racist!" Anyway, for the sake of argument, let's suppose that world is "getting worse by the minute". Are you suggesting that preventing same-sex couples from marrying and raising kids will be any sort of solution? Really?

Be gay isn't a crime but something needs to be done about teaching kids the "right" directions.

Uh, now it sounds like you're concerned about whether or not a homosexual couples can teach THEIR kids the "right directions". You're making absolutely no sense. I thought your concern was about OTHER parents not being able to teach their kids to not bully the children of same-sex couples.

How do you determine what is "right"?  Would you like others, who feel you are wrong about whatever the topic may be,  force these "right choices" for you?

Examples:

1) Some feel it's not right to have mixed race children. 

2) Some feel it's not right to drive a foreign made vehicle.

3) Some feel it's not right to allow immigrants into the country.

4) Some feel it's not right to have any religion other than their own.

etc etc etc.

In the end, there is no "right" choices, just some choices are better than others. Some choices are clearly good: Drinking battery acid is bad for your health. While other choices are not so black and white: Drinking milk is bad for your health. In the end, what is "right" isn't "right" but rather a complex set of factors that take into account benefits/downfalls of every aspect it touches. Typically "right" means "to the benefit of the most people under most conditions under most circumstances".

What is "right" is often subjective.

Do you think EVERY parents will teach their kids right and wrong? NO. If that wBe gay isn't a crime but something needs to be done about teaching kids the "right" directions.

The only "right" direction here is to not poison your kids minds with your prejudices.

The only "right" direction here is to not poison your kids minds with your prejudices.

Or just not breed, thus avoiding any more damage to the gene pool. 

Agreed. But I also think that there's a lot of bias in this type of scenario where recently instead of discussing multiple points of view both in the home and in the education system the popular solution is to just avoid the controversial issues and only teach the most "progressive" view (or none at all). I personally believe we should be teaching kids about how all religions work in public schools. Keeping our youths ignorant of how others live their lives is not a solution to keeping them away from prejudices. In fact, they should have as much information (from an objective standpoint) as soon as possible in order to decide things for themselves.

In that regard, I think we should be talking to our children about the arguments both for and against same sex marriage in fair light. Not biasing the discussion either way with our own personal convictions. And public education should follow through with this. I find it quite a problem with people today who just cannot comprehend that people might just think differently than them and for valid reasons.

In that regard, I think we should be talking to our children about the arguments both for and against same sex marriage in fair light.

You could also word it like :In that regard, I think we should be talking to our children about the arguments both for and against opposite sex marriage in fair light.

The ups and downs are equal in both scenarios. So I guess really you could word it like : In that regard, I think we should be talking to our children about the arguments both for and against marriage in fair light.

You could also word it like :In that regard, I think we should be talking to our children about the arguments both for and against opposite sex marriage in fair light.

The ups and downs are equal in both scenarios. So I guess really you could word it like : In that regard, I think we should be talking to our children about the arguments both for and against marriage in fair light.

Makes sense to me, but the differences between straight and same sex should be discussed until we are in a society where it's the norm because right now, there is a cultural disagreement on same sex marriage and _that_ is what is important to be discussed. The differing opinions that are present.

Makes sense to me, but the differences between straight and same sex should be discussed until we are in a society where it's the norm because right now, there is a cultural disagreement on same sex marriage and _that_ is what is important to be discussed. The differing opinions that are present.

Normal is subjective, and normality shouldn't be a reason to not discuss something.

Normal is subjective, and normality shouldn't be a reason to not discuss something.

Didn't intend to imply that.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had to 3 times, and I am aware of my family members that have as well.

If you or anyone has had to retake the driver's exam there must be extenuating circumstances or possibly even a bit of randomness.

I have moved to 4 different US states in the last 15 years, and I have yet to retake any driver's exam. All I had to do was go to the DMV and register my vehicle in that state and get a license re-issued.

As I said before, I am quite certain the state reserves the right to force anyone to re-take an exam, but the normal practice when moving is to not require it...