Family Van recommendations

I just got a new Audi A5 convertible. It's a good size, and you can stuff the children in the boot.

Highly recommended.

no worries,  yeah, i lot of other models are pretty much copies.   but if they are built with better attention to quality, and provide alternative look, then why not. 

well, maybe i would not buy mazda shares on the stock market.... but otherwise it should not be an issue.

the cars look and feel great,  but it is a personal preference, obviously.

I own a 2010 M3.   :p Rattling and creeking all over the place, not to mention dealerships hear are useless/worthless/crazyexpensive. If I could I buy the new m3, love the sleek look, same goes for the CX-5.

Yeah I guess it boils down to personal preference and while sharing every other major component is more of nitpicking, innovations on some markets are just stale.

not to mention dealerships hear are useless/worthless/crazyexpensive. If I could I buy the new m3, love the sleek look, same goes for the CX-5.

Yeah I guess it boils down to personal preference and while sharing every other major component is more of nitpicking, innovations on some markets are just stale.

here is the most important part.   you location matters a lot.  you are not in usa or canada, right, so your experience may differ.

• Like 1

here is the most important part.   you location matters a lot.  you are not in usa or canada, right, so your experience may differ.

suprised you didn't give me grief for the spelling mistake :p

But yeah, economy mazda 3 here base price starts at 23k  vs $16k at the states so...

• Like 1

m3 or mazda 3.  I can only guess Mazda 3.

Try not to confuse this

with this

I do it purposefully, Mr, Anderson... :shifty:  So you are discriminating me just cause I abbreviate my car Mazda 3 as M3 ? power abusing mod, i'll have the FSM bring down his noodly appendage on you!

On a serious side note... "god" works in mysterious ways, he made me "poor/broke/cheap" because if I could afford a BMW M3, I would probably be dead because of speeding :laugh:

The m comes in many different flavors.  The M3 isn't an "M",  there is a solitary M and calling a particular car an M would be confusing.  There is the M, the 1M, the M1, the M3, the M5, the M6 and possibly soon to be an M7....saying M in itself would be confusing to anyone reading a text forum or to anyone who knows anything about more than 1 car model.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M

I would never call a duck a stallion.  A duck will always be a duck, it will never be a d...hey buddy you want to see my d? :p

The m comes in many different flavors.  The M3 isn't an "M",  there is a solitary M and calling a particular car an M would be confusing.  There is the M, the 1M, the M1, the M3, the M5, the M6 and possibly soon to be an M7....saying M in itself would be confusing to anyone reading a text forum or to anyone who knows anything about more than 1 car model.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M

you do realize I was pulling your hair ? :laugh:  So to further this discussion:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M#M-Cars_vs._M-badged_cars   :shifty:

Edit:

These M-badged cars

Meaning BMW M-Badge  :devil:

Hello Neowin.

We are right now a family of 3 father/mother/2 year old and are expecting our second child end of july.

We are looking at getting a "new to us" minivan and wondering what is a good brand and model. We really dont want chevy due to past issues. Answers great especially from those who work or SO work in the industry.

right now we are looking at the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 7 PASSENGER STO & GO w/ REAR A/C (68,342 km) for $15,500.

We were told that Dodge grand Caravans are popular for family Vans.

we just do not want to over spend or pick something that will end up craping out on us in 1-3 years time. We are looking for one that will last more then 5-10 years.

With the car we have now 08 Chev Cobalt we always have an issue almost every time we take it in for oil change. We have spent almost 8 Grand all together on fixing issues over the course of owning the car we are the original owners so we know what we have done with it and nothing to warrant the issues.

thanks

Op what did you decide

Yes oh mighty one, you are right I was wrong :p

FTFY :laugh:

Op what did you decide

FTFY :laugh:

lol kind of hard to decide if you know what I mean.

I just don't want to make the wrong choice. I'm in Canada and I don't think we have the lemon laws and if we do don't know if it applies to used vehicles.

• Like 1

I just don't want to make the wrong choice. I'm in Canada and I don't think we have the lemon laws and if we do don't know if it applies to used vehicles.

well good rule of thumb is, a car should have 10k miles on it per year, for mileage at least. You could always ask to take the car to a local shop for a quick check up, should be cheap to do if you are really interested in a specific car.

12k per year is average. Less doesn't always mean better. Just driving to work I put on 25k a year. I drive 90 miles a day to the office, no tech jobs near where I live, no housing in price range near work for what I need.

That being said, maintenance history means something with used vehicles. Also having a trusted mechanic look over the car is a good idea. I would personally keep looking and pass on anything dodge or chrysler, this is my very strong opinion there. If you can get a certified used car it can be warrantied longer, so there is that. Warranty is piece of mind, it doesn't guaranty a good car.

well good rule of thumb is, a car should have 10k miles on it per year, for mileage at least. You could always ask to take the car to a local shop for a quick check up, should be cheap to do if you are really interested in a specific car.

Depends where you live, but that sound about right that's roughly 15-20K KM's which depending where you live is spot on.

Used vehicles are tricky, usually most places will give you a warranty of some sort.  Also, remember.. if the vehicle is used bust still newer than 5 years.. it should still have at a minimum.. factory power train warranty still.

• Like 1