London:Killer beheads Grandma sentenced to Broadmoor Prison

Helicopter video of the dramatic Police chase for the killer https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=930705510319755

When police finally cornered Salvador, they were forced to Taser him six times during a violent and chaotic struggle in which Salvador bit a chunk out of one officer's leg.The court heard how Salvador, a cage fighter, believed he was killing supernatural beings - including Adolf Hitler 'back from the dead' - when he began his killing spree in September last year.

'It is a mercy that she can have had no time to begin to comprehend what was going on. The footage showed Mrs Silva, who was wearing an apron, approaching Salvador over her garden wall. This gentle, intelligent 82-year-old lady should have been able to live her life in peace After a brief exchange, the defendant was then seen climbing into her flowerbed, where he stabbed her repeatedly and beheaded her.Psychiatrists concluded that Salvador - described in court as a 'decent man' - was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia and was legally insane when Mrs Silva died.

At around 1pm on the day of the attack, Dominic's sister Bianca, 31, saw Salvador chopping something with a machete in the back garden and looking up at the sky 'like an act of worship'.She went out to investigate and he told her: 'I have killed your cat.' When Dominic's brother Darius, 21, asked why, he replied: 'The cat is a demon.'

Salvador was convicted at Wood Green Crown Court of possession of a bladed article in April 2014. He was sentenced to three months imprisonment suspended for six months.There was also no reference to any previous contact with mental health services.

The jury at the Old Bailey, who retired this morning, returned the verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity just 40 minutes later.The defendant, who had pleaded not guilty throughout proceedings, will now be locked up indefinitely at Broadmoor maximum security hospital, the home of some of Britain's most dangerous killers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3135955/Paranoid-schizophrenic-beheaded-great-grandmother-not-guilty-reason-insanity.html

Heard about this the other day, that must have been a pretty stressful few moments for the police. Knowing that you have this guy less than 50 feet away and on his way towards kids playing in a garden and struggling to do anything about it.

What happened was horrific, but it could have been a lot lot worse so glad they managed to stop him before he did any more harm.

Does the UK have a death penalty? But then again this guy seems to have some mental illness if he believes he was attacking Hitler :/

No we just have indefinite internment under the mental health act so he will be joining Bronson for what could well be life paid for by the tax payers

I don't know if the linked article mentions it but this case only went to trial because of a technicality.  The prosecution and defence both agreed that the defendant was insane but only a jury can find someone not guilty because of insanity.  The jury had to hear testimony from two psychiatrists before they could render the necessary verdict.

It's a very sad case and I don't understand why the family of the victim are upset that Salvador wasn't found guilty.  Broadmoor is an awful place to end up in.

Does the UK have a death penalty?

No, we're civilised.

• Like 1

No, we're civilised.

To each their own, but I wouldn't call the death penalty for a murderer uncivilized. 

• Like 2

To each their own, but I wouldn't call the death penalty for a murderer uncivilized. 

He's not a murderer, he's schizophrenic and he was found not guilty.  He needs medical help, not a barbaric killing.  Thankfully most of us have moved on from that Bronze Age eye for an eye mentality.

Does the UK have a death penalty? But then again this guy seems to have some mental illness if he believes he was attacking Hitler :/

Yes, but only for treason.

He's not a murderer, he's schizophrenic and he was found not guilty.  He needs medical help, not a barbaric killing.  Thankfully most of us have moved on from that Bronze Age eye for an eye mentality.

So because he is mentally unstable.. he should be excused for what he did?

Are you serious?

Serious that a mental illness shouldn't be an excuse for doing ######ed up stuff? Yes.  I am not saying he should be killed, nor should he go untreated.  However I don't think it is right to say "Ah well he isn't all there so..." 

So because he is mentally unstable.. he should be excused for what he did?

Who's excusing him? No one.

He was a very ill man, who needs treatment.

Serious that a mental illness shouldn't be an excuse for doing ######ed up stuff? Yes.  I am not saying he should be killed, nor should he go untreated.  However I don't think it is right to say "Ah well he isn't all there so..." 

No one is saying that.  He will be locked away in Broadmoor probably for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

I interpret your soft analysis as weakness.

The world is billions of years old. People age x-100ish years tops. No one is missing this murdering schizophrenic in the large scheme of things. Humanity owes it to themselves to keep these people out of society and more importantly the gene pool.

It is what it is. He's going to die either way, eventually. The question is do we allow him to continuously negatively impact the species in his remaining time.

The needs of the many out-weigh the needs of the few. (We all need our heads... So he has to go.)

I interpret your soft analysis as weakness.

The world is billions of years old. People age x-100ish years tops. No one is missing this murdering schizophrenic in the large scheme of things. Humanity owes it to themselves to keep these people out of society and more importantly the gene pool.

It is what it is. He's going to die either way, eventually. The question is do we allow him to continuously negatively impact the species in his remaining time.

The needs of the many out-weigh the needs of the few. (We all need our heads... So he has to go.)

Your mother must be so proud :no: