NAS not visible in File Explorer (Windows10 TP)

Hello,

My NAS is not visible in Windows 10 TP. Problem started with built 9926 and above till 10047.

When I open File Explorer, other computers are visible except the NAS (WD Live).

No problems in Windows 8.x or 7.

Tried to reach it manual by typing \\networknameNAS or \\ipaddress nas with no  luck :(

Pinging the NAS is no problem so it's something else.

Also tried to change adapter settings to TCP.IP over Netbios.

Does anyone encounter this or a simular situation / problem?

Can you get to it from other computers (as in smb connection), if not it could be the NAS itself (SMB service failing)?

Sorry about that, just seen that you have already said other computers can see if fine.

Its strange then, SMB is obviously running (as other computers can see it) and you've tried \\ipaddress\share to rule out resolution.

Is the NAs on the same subnet/Vlan?

so what error do you get when you put in \\ipaddressofnas or \\nameofnas?

do you get a 53 error or error 5?

Do you get prompted for username and password?

From a cmd line if you do net view \\ipaddressofnas what is the result?

You sure when your doing \\ipaddressofnas that is actually the ip address of the nas?  Maybe its IP address changed?

Had more or less the exact same problem myself just the other day. Turns out that the problem was caused by enabling the PIN login method in Windows 10. Disabling that solved the issue for me.

Had more or less the exact same problem myself just the other day. Turns out that the problem was caused by enabling the PIN login method in Windows 10. Disabling that solved the issue for me.

Looks like this problem is still in 10158

When I tried to access the NAS, it reports an error Cannot access "networkname".

Another thing is, when I upgrade from Win 8.1 to W10, there is no problem at all. Problem occurs with a fresh install only :(.

Haven't tried to disable the PIN option, one thing I haven't tried yet.

@+budman, I just downgrade my system back to win8.1. 
As soon as I install W10 again, on a seperate partition this time, I'll try the net view cmd.

Thanks everyone for your replies by the way. :)

Tried a lot of googe'ing and binging away with no luck. There are folks with simular problems, kind off but they have the more expensive nas systems with more options to tackle the problem.

How bizar; just installed latest win10 TP 10158, used normal login (live mailaddress and password) and the NAS is visible. Then I changed it to a PIN login, guess what, NAS disappaered.  Solution was Sign off, changed the login back to the password and the NAS was visible again. 

It worked :) Finally. But it is very weird to somehow rule out a NAS in certain situations.

Does anyone knows what the big difference is in the login procedure between regular password and a PIN login?