Spontaneous (and dumb purchases)

While out at Best Buy last week (6/25/2015) I was grabbing a small tv to throw in the bedroom for my daughters.

Goofing off I asked if I could get a deal on a 4K TV.  The Gentleman helping me told me I was in luck.

Due to them wanting to get rid of some of the late 2014 4K stock he gave me this for $1199.99

I did a price comparison with my faves (amazon.com) and the price seems pretty good when compared to the equal models on Amazon.  If anyone feels that I got screwed over, please let me know (I'm all ears)

I've been on the fence about returning it, but the picture is so beautiful.  

Decided to watch DareDevil again in 4K.  I may be exaggerating, but the resolution is so crisp I can walk into a movie/show playing on the tv and walk and be part of the program  :woot:  :woot:

Also, it seems to make gaming a pinch better.  I was playing Halo 4 (MCC) the other night, and it looks darn good on the tv.

MY PS4 is upstairs in the bedroom, but it will get some time on the tv this coming 4th of July weekend.

post-469420-0-85918800-1435599955.jpg

• Like 1

I thought this was going to be a sort of "confessionals" thread about bad purchases we had made.  I was ready to bare my soul!!

• Like 2

About a month ago I walked in to a store looking for earphones. I walked away with a laptop and completely forgot about the earphones. 800 francs compared to the planned purchase of 40 francs max. :pinch:

That said, I walked away a very happy man. I thought about handing it back the next day, but my reasoning told me to keep it and I've not looked back.

Your plan might not have been to buy a TV, but if you've done it and you like it - and you can afford it - I would say that you should stick with it. (Y)

I thought this was going to be a sort of "confessionals" thread about bad purchases we had made.  I was ready to bare my soul!!

This is a bad purchase, because I didn't/don't need the tv

My LG 47LW6500 was more than getting the job done.  Which has now been moved to my bedroom.

And my son now has has my 40" Sony Bravia...

About a month ago I walked in to a store looking for earphones. I walked away with a laptop and completely forgot about the earphones. 800 francs compared to the planned purchase of 40 francs max. :pinch:

That said, I walked away a very happy man. I thought about handing it back the next day, but my reasoning told me to keep it and I've not looked back.

Your plan might not have been to buy a TV, but if you've done it and you like it - and you can afford it - I would say that you should stick with it. (Y)

They say nobody knows you like you know yourself...

So knowing myself, I'm now the owner of a 4K tv.

What sucks is, I was saving that $$$ for a Surface Pro 4 (whenever MS decides that's gonna happen  :argh: )