Minecraft's maker shuts down Scrolls

Minecraft's maker shuts down Scrolls

Mojang will close down its card-battle strategy game Scrolls, leaving the developer with one active game to its name

The only time I ever heard about this game was in the few news article announcing it, and with the lawsuit. Never heard anything else. No news articles for updates or reviews, people talking about it, etc. Not surprised it's getting shut down.

• Like 1

The only time I ever heard about this game was in the few news article announcing it, and with the lawsuit. Never heard anything else. No news articles for updates or reviews, people talking about it, etc. Not surprised it's getting shut down.

Same thing!

They need to focus on Minecraft.  September 2014 was the last version they released, these updates are taking way too long to come out and people are losing interest.

They need to focus on Minecraft.  September 2014 was the last version they released, these updates are taking way too long to come out and people are losing interest.

They have been developing a lot on other platforms and mobile...

And it is hard for them to add anything given that the community ###### bricks when they change anything even slightly. People lost their minds when they added horses. Only gamers can complain when they are given features for free.

Anyway, Scrolls closing isn't surprising.

EDIT

Also, a large share of the community doesn't even upgrade. Most servers are still running 1.7, or even earlier, versions, since updating the mods isn't worth the trouble.

Mojang has another game too. Cobalt its a fighting game similar to Super Smash brothers but with a world editor. its actually really fun. I own all 3 of their games :D

Mojang has another game too. Cobalt its a fighting game similar to Super Smash brothers but with a world editor. its actually really fun. I own all 3 of their games :D

Cobalt is by Oxeye Game Studio not Mojang.  Mojang is just the publisher.

They have been developing a lot on other platforms and mobile...

The console versions (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, and PS Vita) are all developed under license by 4J Studios not Mojang.

Mojang only does the Java version (PC/Mac/Linux) and the mobile versions. I believe the Java and mobile dev teams were separate before MS bought them.

I could see the mobile dev team being tied up making the Windows Phone version but there have been more often mobile releases than Java.

Unless they've moved their Java devs to mobile it doesn't really explain the slowness of the Java updates.