[rumour] Windows 10 $2 upgrade amnesty for pirates

Just FYI this is crap/pre-test/place holder for future usage.

Yeah I suspect it is something being tested that some are seeing due to a bug or something.

Yeah I suspect it is something being tested that some are seeing due to a bug or something.

Funny how they actually charge your card. Plus after you pay the $2 they just give you a generic key.

None the less i'll be curious to see what happens when the RTM comes out and I sign into my Microsoft account :D

That being said ... I did beat you to the punch! ;)

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1261980-buy-windows-10-pro-for-2-in-microsoft-store/

Funny how they actually charge your card. Plus after you pay the $2 they just give you a generic key.

None the less i'll be curious to see what happens when the RTM comes out and I sign into my Microsoft account :D

That being said ... I did beat you to the punch! ;)

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1261980-buy-windows-10-pro-for-2-in-microsoft-store/

Yup you did.

Didn't someone reply over there that this happened with 8 as well and keys did not work for RTM :/  

I as so looking forward for $2  windows!

If they pirated Windows 8.1 Enterprise do they get an upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise for 2$   :rofl:

i tried that just to see wwhat would happen, i keep getting a error message that windows store is not working.

I think they need to give windows 10 free to vista users so we are all on the same page and then they can focus on just 3 OSes instead of 4! 

I think they need to give windows 10 free to vista users so we are all on the same page and then they can focus on just 3 OSes instead of 4! 

The only issue with that ...is the #$%(*#&$()*@#$ Vista Basic. Some of those pieces of crap shipped with 512 megs of ram. I saw one of them, it was one of those "Free computers" the local telephone company was giving people for signing a 2 year contract. OMG was that thing slow. Ran better after installing more Ram. Though I suppose Vista Basic users just wouldn't be given for the free upgrade.

7 runs better on a 512MB RAM system than Vista ever did and even XP!