A Genie

He sits down and starts ordering several drinks. "What's in the box?" Asks the bartender "Ugh, just get me another drink...? Grumbles the man. Bartender says "show me what's in the box and the next ones on the house."

The man nods and places the box on the bar and takes out a small piano and a man about a foot tall comes out and starts playing the most beautiful music he has ever heard.

"Where the hell did you get that?" Asks the bartender.

The man replies "There is a genie out side granting wishes but..."

Before he can finish the bartender runs out side and sees the genie, and yells "I wish for a million bucks!"

After a puff of smoke there are a million ducks walking around quaking. The bartender runs back inside and yells at the guy "Hey you didn't tell me the genie was hard of hearing!" The guy turns around slowly and says with a smirk, "Did you think I really wished for a 12 inch pianist?"

• Like 3

Cute. Being a bit hard of hearing myself, I think I could get around that.

I'd just show him a picture of what I want.

Then he'd probably give you a camera. :laugh:

Tagging posts is a requirement!
Set the most relevant tag as the prefix. Threads started without correct prefix tags may be closed without notice.

Then he'd probably give you a camera. :laugh:

Which wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd prefer the slender blonde in the picture.

I'm not sure there would be a problem. The genie is hard of hearing, not stupid.

The genie is hard of hearing, not stupid.

Yeah, that was a gaffe on my part.

Being hard of hearing myself also, a lot of people seem to think I'm stupid too.

Yeah, that was a gaffe on my part.

Being hard of hearing myself also, a lot of people seem to think I'm stupid too.

I get that on occasion. Or I get accused of being rude, when I simply didn't hear the person. Heck, at my cubicle at work my bad ear faces the aisle, so I'm often not aware of someone right away. Maybe I should put a sign up. :(

I often have the problem where half a sentence goes by before I realize I'm being spoken to. I get the end, but not the beginning. But when I ask the person to repeat what they said, they just repeat the last few words. The part I actually got. People don't seem to get that it takes a moment for awareness of being spoken to can take a moment to "kick in" for someone with bad hearing.

I get that on occasion. Or I get accused of being rude, when I simply didn't hear the person. Heck, at my cubicle at work my bad ear faces the aisle, so I'm often not aware of someone right away. Maybe I should put a sign up. :(

I often have the problem where half a sentence goes by before I realize I'm being spoken to. I get the end, but not the beginning. But when I ask the person to repeat what they said, they just repeat the last few words. The part I actually got. People don't seem to get that it takes a moment for awareness of being spoken to can take a moment to "kick in" for someone with bad hearing.

I know exactly what you mean.