Is the 4051 newest?

• 2 weeks later...
no, it's not. microsoft is probably way past build 4051, but it is the latest build to leak to the public.

thats right, i know that the aero rocks video was build 409x

Nope. There's a more recent build leaked, but I can't find out the build ID. I'll try to obtain some screenies ASAP from IRC.

4051 is the latest and last leaked build . there is no other than that .

i know its boring , but thats the truth .... :D

and a Sidebar that doesn't do a lot

The sidebar actually does a lot if you know how to write tiles for it. Remember this is a developer's build, so they can peek at the product before final, and get the feel of writing Longhorn native apps. XAML is fun to play with too.

thats right, i know that the aero rocks video was build 409x

no, it wasn't. its a lab 6 build right around 4050-51. internal development isnt even at 4090 yet, so how could it have been 2 to 3 months ago.

Does anyone think that these releases are done on purpose? I mean we get a few things but isn't it ironic that we can't get a hold of aero? I think their leading us along and have a few tricks up their sleeves.

The sidebar actually does a lot if you know how to write tiles for it. Remember this is a developer's build, so they can peek at the product before final, and get the feel of writing Longhorn native apps. XAML is fun to play with too.

I'm talking about the 4051 version not the final :rolleyes:

As I have checked with a MS beta tester, the latest Longhorn build is around number 4060. The graphics haven't changed a lot, but to keep the info confidential, I'll refrain from posting screenshots until a newer build is leaked.

As I have checked with a MS beta tester, the latest Longhorn build is around number 4060. The graphics haven't changed a lot, but to keep the info confidential, I'll refrain from posting screenshots until a newer build is leaked.

Your source is a tad off, Lab06 is in the 406x range while main is ahead in the 407x range. The last build i know of for sure being compiled was 4062 Lab06 on Dec. 20th.

Oh ok. My guess was that the current build was 4060 and the source said it was somewhere around that and since MS beta testers aren't supposed to leak out any information, I cannot find out for sure. But thanks for that info. Shouldn't be long before some screenshots of 4062 get leaked.

Your source is a tad off, Lab06 is in the 406x range while main is ahead in the 407x range. The last build i know of for sure being compiled was 4062 Lab06 on Dec. 20th.

Wow. How do you know all this? (I am fascinated that you know this information. :) )

Shouldn't be long before some screenshots of 4062 get leaked.

I wasn't expecting that, but if it's really true then I look forward to it.

Oh ok. My guess was that the current build was 4060 and the source said it was somewhere around that and since MS beta testers aren't supposed to leak out any information, I cannot find out for sure. But thanks for that info. Shouldn't be long before some screenshots of 4062 get leaked.

yep your right 4062 leaks!

Nope...

Newest known build of Longhorn (at least, to the general public, is build 4050, which was actually compiled after 4051)

no, the general public doesn't have access to longhorn. if anyone has longhorn and it won't activate, that means they shouldn't have it... that includes all of us at neowin.

no, the general public doesn't have access to longhorn. if anyone has longhorn and it won't activate, that means they shouldn't have it... that includes all of us at neowin.

thats weird cuz all my builds i installed were activated :laugh: you just have to know how and have a good key