How would you feel if Microsoft announced Continuum Desktop for Xbox One?

How would you feel if Microsoft announced a continumm desktop mode on the Xbox One with the fall update?

Would it be too much PC like? if so, where does that leave the flagship Windows 10 phones'?

Now that we have Office as an app, do you think it'd create uptake in consoles from parents around christmas time if they knew their kids could also use the xbox to do their home work as well?

Would it just simple be a case of PC master race calling out the 'wanna be' pc, or is Microsoft still determined to keep the Windows devide across platforms?

any additonal comments or thoughts are welcome.

Would you like to see a desktop added to the xbox one? Keeping in mind that it'll probably never be able to run native .exe files, just apps.

How would you feel if Microsoft announced a continumm desktop mode on the Xbox One with the fall update?

Would it be too much PC like? if so, where does that leave the flagship Windows 10 phones'?

Now that we have Office as an app, do you think it'd create uptake in consoles from parents around christmas time if they knew their kids could also use the xbox to do their home work as well?

Would it just simple be a case of PC master race calling out the 'wanna be' pc, or is Microsoft still determined to keep the Windows devide across platforms?

any additonal comments or thoughts are welcome.

Would you like to see a desktop added to the xbox one? Keeping in mind that it'll probably never be able to run native .exe files, just apps.

I don't see it happening, Although I do believe there was talk of having a universal app marketplace between phone, desktop and Xbox so you may see things like Office being able to be used on an Xbox.

However as a Parent and an owner of an Xbox, I know too well how easy it is to switch between Apps, I also know as a kid I would not be able to help but play games instead of work and this would be abused. Of course not all parents are going to know these things so kids may be able to talk them round.

How would I feel if it did? I'm really not that fussed. If it adds to the console in a positive way then sure go ahead. However 80-90% of what I do with my Xbox is game, the other 10-20% is watch movies (Blu Ray collection etc) so chances are the added features of this would go unused for me.

I can see it as being a bit of fun to play around with, but not particularly productive.

Also, i'd change the title of this thread, the current one makes it look like Microsoft have actually announced this.

• 2 weeks later...

I see MS' overall plans for Windows and I think they are moving towards the Xbox being a Steam box for Windows.  Its hardware designed for the living room with a UI built for a 10ft experience, running windows underneath. 

I dont see them enabling a standard desktop, but I do see them merging the back end tools even more then they do now, to eventaully allow all X1 games to run on a pc or vice versa.  Combine that with one store to buy games and apps, and you have a new experience.

Maybe we are not far away from exclusive xbox games becoming Microsoft exclusive games.  Or maybe you just call them Windows exclusive.