Neowin.net Terraria Server

post-10612-0-26789700-1436559815.png

Neowin's Terraria Server

Disclaimer:

There may be some quirks to iron out, since we're just now starting. Let us know if you find something wrong.

Registering:

Please reply to this thread with your request for a login. One of the Ops will create an account using your forum username and create a random password for you.

If you do not request, you will only have permission to wander around the world, you can not interact with anything. This is to help fight griefing, and this way we can track who is who. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Once you have been PM'd a login and password, join the server and type: /login <username> <password>

You can then change your password by typing: /password <oldpassword> <newpassword>

Note: You can use any in-game character but you must always server login with the details PM'd to you.

Server Address: mc.neowin.net (207.36.27.103)

Port: 7777

Currently Running: TShock for Terraria 4.3.3 (API 1.19) PreRelease for Terraria 1.3.0.4.

Server Rules

• Be nice, polite, and respectful
  • No Griefing, this is your only warning
  • Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land (or sky)
  • Do not be annoying
  • Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin
  • Do not modify any other players builds without permission
  • Do not steal from other players chests without permission
  • Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped
  • Label all builds with signposts or statue letters
Server Ranks
  • Gods - Server ops
  • Admins- Server mods
  • VIP- Special people
  • Default- Regular user
  • guest- Guests (you must ask to be registered first)
Server Ops
  • Grunt
  • (tba)
  • Like 2

Oh cool! I just bought Terraria last week when the new update came out. Not had a chance to actually play it yet though as I have been so busy at work. Once I get a few hours under my belt and know what I am doing I would love to join though!

That's not fair! I've been able to stay away from Minecraft because they only accept credit cards and PayPal, neither of which I have. But Terraria is on Steam!

I'm not going to make any rash decisions right now, but if there are enough people from Neowin getting involved I may decide to jump in.

How on earth do you buy stuff on steam without a credit card or PayPal?

Pre-paid cards, code redemptions, blood.

Woo hoo! Count me in! This should be fun!

Added!

Thank you!!!

How on earth do you buy stuff on steam without a credit card or PayPal?

Using my debit card. Steam accepts debit cards, but when I tried buying Minecraft they only allowed credit cards and PayPal.

I've spent the day watching Splattercat play Terraria, and it does look fun. 10 euros...that's basically a beer. Hmm...

Just one question before I finally get it - with regards to the server/map, how big is it? I mean, will there always be things to discover regardless of the number of players? Or would someone joining later on keep coming across tunnel systems that other people have made? Part of what looks fun about this is the exploration.

Just one question before I finally get it - with regards to the server/map, how big is it? I mean, will there always be things to discover regardless of the number of players? Or would someone joining later on keep coming across tunnel systems that other people have made? Part of what looks fun about this is the exploration.

The map sizes are pre-set. We're running a Large map so that there is plenty room for people.

I would say, as with Minecraft, the later you join, the more man-made tunnels and "human corruption" there will be.

However, Terraria is more challenging than Minecraft and has far more content which takes a while to collect mats and craft items in order to build bigger, better things.

The map sizes are pre-set. We're running a Large map so that there is plenty room for people.

I would say, as with Minecraft, the later you join, the more man-made tunnels and "human corruption" there will be.

However, Terraria is more challenging than Minecraft and has far more content which takes a while to collect mats and craft items in order to build bigger, better things.

Alright, sign me up then. I'll download it when I get home. (Y)

I'm on holiday for two weeks, back on 29th.

Frank B. will be creating accounts during this time, and hopefully, if they release the OSX client this month, he'll be playing too!

when I try to join, I get an error saying "you are not using the same version as this server".... won't let me in. (vanilla terraria install via steam, up to date with latest version) Server version: 1.3.0.4 My version: 1.3.0.5 

When I launched steam just now, terraria updated. :(

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Soon young padawan...

Hopefully they'll be as quick as last time, which means they may have it done by tonight and I'll update tomorrow morning.

If there are any updates over the next two week, tough bananas.