Neowin.net Terraria Server

I'm keen, can I please get an account? 

thanks

Added. Username: illumination, password: passw0rd (change after first login).

FYI, when you start in the Neowin house do not drop down to see the nurse or merchants unless you want to quit the server and enter again. It seems that you can't quite jump back upstairs.

Aside from that though, I'm getting involved. Just started to construct a house for myself, and I've got quite a mine running underneath it. :D

EDIT: An overview of the area at the moment:

t4xT3F0.jpg?1

I'm not finding many resources at the second, but meh.

*snip*

Dig deeper. ;)

Added. Username: illumination, password: passw0rd (change after first login).

Thanks Frank. Logged in as password updated

Thanks Frank. Logged in as password updated

The first player I saw yesterday!

So here's an update on my progress. I took Draconian Guppy's advice and kept going down:

ArdBx5p.jpg?1

If you look over to the right you can see a cavern that I fell in to, filled with water. Thankfully just before my air ran out I was able to carve a hole through to another section of my tunnel. The downside of that is that now one of my tunnels is completely flooded. :( Thank goodness I have multiple routes available!

I'm glad I'm coming across more caverns, though. Not only does it make progress easier, but it's fascinating to come across them and see where they go.

I might have a slight addiction to this game already...

9cBamRS.jpg?1

See that red X down towards the bottom? Watch your footing around there. I just slipped and fell in to a cavern filled with bats and a medusa. Now I've got to get back there to get my coins. :s

Also, the tunnel that goes the furthest to the left is as far as you can get for the second. I've got a platinum pickaxe, but you need at least a Nightmare or Deathbringer pickaxe (I think) to get through the hellstone. Then again, if I'm getting beaten by bats and medusas, maybe I shouldn't attempt that just yet. :p

It's a pity there aren't more of us online at the same time - or at all - but I'm still having a blast! :D

no one looked for the floating islands yet?

Not yet. I know I could try looking using wooden platforms, but that seems inefficient. :p

Oh, I think my game updated while I was away. I can contact the server but I can't connect. :( "Your version isn't the same as the server" or some such.

I guess that's a 2 week hiatus for me then, I don't want to do singleplayer and get awesome then go back to wherever I am on the Neowin server. :p

Not yet. I know I could try looking using wooden platforms, but that seems inefficient. :p

Oh, I think my game updated while I was away. I can contact the server but I can't connect. :( "Your version isn't the same as the server" or some such.

I guess that's a 2 week hiatus for me then, I don't want to do singleplayer and get awesome then go back to wherever I am on the Neowin server. :p

Practice makes perfect ;)

Can I be whitelisted? Ta.

Only now saw your request, sorry. Username and password: Crisp - change the password upon first login.

Try again - I've updated the server. It should work now.

Try again - I've updated the server. It should work now.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but the commands aren't working? I tried "/login intrinsica <password>" but it just displayed it as text. Then I tried "/help", same thing. The only other command I tried was "/playing", and that seemed to work.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but the commands aren't working? I tried "/login intrinsica <password>" but it just displayed it as text. Then I tried "/help", same thing. The only other command I tried was "/playing", and that seemed to work.

I have no idea to be honest. Nor do I have the ability to play the game at the moment, since I don't have a Windows machine at hand and there is no OS X client for the game yet.

I'll have to wait for Grunt sort this out upon his return, sorry... all I did was to replace the server binary with the current version

It's a pity there aren't more of us online at the same time - or at all - but I'm still having a blast! :D

I could join maybe. But i don't know the game much. I don't play that often either.

How does it work in multiplayer. If it's competitive and the other players can kill you then it's not for me.

Do i need to create a new toon for the multi?

Two things:

1. the server going down just now was my fault. It's up again.

2. whatever they changed in 1.3.0.6 doesn't let me add players anymore...

I could join maybe. But i don't know the game much. I don't play that often either.

How does it work in multiplayer. If it's competitive and the other players can kill you then it's not for me.

Do i need to create a new toon for the multi?

PvP is turned off by default. You can turn it on and select a team to be on if you want, but you don't have to.

I don't think you need to create a new character. Lousifer logged in and his character seemed quite leveled up, and I think I took my character from the Neowin server and used it in Singleplayer - this can be useful if you need to find a specific item, as you can try finding the item in multiple worlds.

Just lost connection to the server, but I'm going to try again.

Two things:

1. the server going down just now was my fault. It's up again.

Ah, ok. (Y)

2. whatever they changed in 1.3.0.6 doesn't let me add players anymore...

I think this is related to what I said earlier about not needing to be logged in in order to change the world. I've also seen that the enemies have gained supernatural powers. They spawn, disappear at random, can still attack you while you can't see/attack them...

I would suggest we avoid playing on it for the moment. :(