"Don't build houses next to bonfires"

I don't think many other users may get this.

Makes me feel sad that I come from Belfast.

still funny though, saying not to build houses where there's a bonfire.

seen a picture of the council closing the westlink to fireproof road signs, because they have stuck one right up against the road.

anywhere else in the world they'd knock the bonfire down, hell they wouldn't have let it get that far in the first place.

Its saddens me coming from NI that people dont seem to have any common sense. I wonder what would happen if they had a bonfire built next to the guys house - I bet he would be complaining about it left right and centre.

The probalm is if the fire bragade (sensably) ask them to move it somewhere safer we will end up with the whole flags debacle again.

Do you know who I blame for the whole thing?

The guy who invented the pallet, infinitely stackable.

You know how intense shipping pallets burn... that going to be a very hot bonfire.

• 1 year later...

and here's why you shouldn't build houses next to bonfires

QAYYRg3.jpg
_90362169_houseinside4.jpg
 The ceiling collapsed in two of the houses
_90358795_hopewellscene.jpg
 Fire crews worked to damp down the flames
_90362163_houses1.jpg
 Two neighbouring houses were gutted by the fire, while another was badly damaged
_90356813_shortstrandbonfirecnhciy5wgaaf
 In east Belfast, fire crews moved in to dampen down buildings next to a bonfire close to Cluan Place

interesting call to the insurance company this morning, if they even have insurance:lol:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36771384

On 7/11/2015 at 6:54 AM, David-T-Rex said:

The probalm is if the fire bragade (sensably) ask them to move it somewhere safer we will end up with the whole flags debacle again.

Do you know who I blame for the whole thing?

The guy who invented the pallet, infinitely stackable.

Bro, where did you learn to spell?  You have something against the letter "i"?  

Problem (no 'a' in that word)

Brigade (with an 'i')

Sensibly (again, no 'a', but the letter 'i')

Shouldn't that be "Don't build bonfires next to houses"? Houses tend to be a bit more permanent - unless you start fires near them ...

4 hours ago, DConnell said:

Shouldn't that be "Don't build bonfires next to houses"? Houses tend to be a bit more permanent - unless you start fires near them ...

did you watch the video in the first post. :D that'll explain the title of the thread.