Galaxy S 6 vs Motorola Nexus 6

i managed 2 year with a phone that was dropped on concrete in first 6 months.    at the end the battery would take all night to charge, and portable chargers would only keep the battery at the same % level when NOT in use....

screen was cracked in the middle too.   i did not want to upgrade until the last moment.  then i used someone elses S6.    i bought that phone next day and i love it. way more then i planned to pay for it, but whatever, i will try to get 3 years out of this one.  got a case this time around.

you have to jump though hoops on facebook or twitter or beg on their forums to get an invite to buy the phone.    you cannot just order it.     

if you buy it you get 5 invites to give.    i tried for a while, and then said screw it, that is just lame.

they could have just done a preorder with a notice of the wait time..   i am not gonna spend time begging.

well, I invites were practically thrown in my face here on neowin.. sadly  I had already bought an lg g3.

well, I invites were practically thrown in my face here on neowin.. sadly  I had already bought an lg g3.

invites were thrown MUCH later then release date, if i remember.    not the first 2 months... 

(i might be missing something, but i am pretty sure the invite thread was only busy much later, when i already annoyed at the one plus company.)

Such a bs system... I shouldn't have to beg a company to give them my money. If they were confident with their product, they'd allow anyone to buy it.

• Like 1

invites were thrown MUCH later then release date, if i remember.    not the first 2 months... 

(i might be missing something, but i am pretty sure the invite thread was only busy much later, when i already annoyed at the one plus company.)

Yeah, but this time around i'm expecting there to be much more availability of invites seeing as there are hundreds much more owners.

Such a bs system... I shouldn't have to beg a company to give them my money. If they were confident with their product, they'd allow anyone to buy it.

marketing mate, marketing...

Touchwiz is much better than previous versions, but its still touchwiz. I dislike the crappy plastic feeling of samsung phones, not to mention their UI is basically an iPhone clone at this point. I say go with the nexus 6, its a clean phone and will always be running the newest version of android before any other OEM, and will get the new updates quicker than other OEMs, and more than likely for a longer life period. Cant go wrong with a nexus, and if you are worried about rooting, etc, the nexus 6 is meant to do all of that without any sort of issues, its almost impossible to brick or destroy your nexus while rooting or flashing a rom. With the nexus 6 youll have endless amounts of custom roms to use and the best part is those roms actually keep full functionality of the nexus, whereas some samsung roms and other oems stuff is constantly broken because code isnt provided from the oem.

• Like 2

Touchwiz is much better than previous versions, but its still touchwiz. I dislike the crappy plastic feeling of samsung phones, not to mention their UI is basically an iPhone clone at this point. I say go with the nexus 6, its a clean phone and will always be running the newest version of android before any other OEM, and will get the new updates quicker than other OEMs, and more than likely for a longer life period. Cant go wrong with a nexus, and if you are worried about rooting, etc, the nexus 6 is meant to do all of that without any sort of issues, its almost impossible to brick or destroy your nexus while rooting or flashing a rom. With the nexus 6 youll have endless amounts of custom roms to use and the best part is those roms actually keep full functionality of the nexus, whereas some samsung roms and other oems stuff is constantly broken because code isnt provided from the oem.

I agree 100%. I had an s3 i really liked it but hated not having the stock android and hate how slow Samsung was to update. As for flashing and all that it's not difficult. Every time there's an update within hours someone will post a youtube video on how to install the factory image or the ota zip. I was nervous the first time i flashed a system image on my Nexus 5 but it's a piece of cake really.The hardest part is setting up the android SDK and ADB. After that it's basically a matter of running the flash all script. I've now flashed 5.0, 5.1, 5.1.1, m preview 1 and 2 no problem. I don't root or anything though. I don't really see the need to on stock android. There's no crapware from the manufacturer or carrier and any google apps i don't want can be disabled.

• Like 2

i managed 2 year with a phone that was dropped on concrete in first 6 months. at the end the battery would take all night to charge, and portable chargers would only keep the battery at the same % level when NOT in use....

screen was cracked in the middle too. i did not want to upgrade until the last moment. then i used someone elses S6. i bought that phone next day and i love it. way more then i planned to pay for it, but whatever, i will try to get 3 years out of this one. got a case this time around.

you have to jump though hoops on facebook or twitter or beg on their forums to get an invite to buy the phone. you cannot just order it.

if you buy it you get 5 invites to give. i tried for a while, and then said screw it, that is just lame.

they could have just done a preorder with a notice of the wait time.. i am not gonna spend time begging.

That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard...

The Galaxy S6 is all glass and metal.

SyntheticVirusZ I think you might want to wait a little before making a decision. Google is going to announce their newest version of the Nexus 5 very very soon. And probably another made by Huwei.

If I was forced to buy something other than a Google phone it would be the Note series. I will take the Note before the Galaxy S series anyday. Plus the Note 5 will be announced soon which will most probably trump the S6 in specs.

(edit) Take a look at this. It was just posted on the frontpage. WAIT before buying! :p

He describes the Huawei model as featuring a metal body, along with a 5.7-inch display with QHD ('Quad HD' or 2560x1440px) resolution, which lines up with earlier rumors. On top of this, the device is said to feature a fingerprint reader, and Qualcomm's next-generation Snapdragon 820 processor.

SyntheticVirusZ I think you might want to wait a little before making a decision. Google is going to announce their newest version of the Nexus 5 very very soon. And probably another made by Huwei.

If I was forced to buy something other than a Google phone it would be the Note series. I will take the Note before the Galaxy S series anyday. Plus the Note 5 will be announced soon which will most probably trump the S6 in specs.

(edit) Take a look at this. It was just posted on the frontpage. WAIT before buying! :p

Damn! Guess I'll be waiting a bit haha.

So Q4 is usually when they hit the market?

yup, new nexus phones generally come out when the new version of android drops. its basically flagship to show off the new features.

yup, new nexus phones generally come out when the new version of android drops. its basically flagship to show off the new features.

Awesome. I was thinking about getting an IPhone S Plus when it drops but decided to head the Android way.

Awesome. I was thinking about getting an IPhone S Plus when it drops but decided to head the Android way.

You mean iPhone 6 Plus?     Not heard of iPhone S Plus, you probably made a typo.

Between both handsets, Galaxy S6 is more better option. It has good features and specifications compare to Nexus 6. It is more rugged  device, that most smartphone users required. It has Samsung

You mean iPhone 6 Plus? Not heard of iPhone S Plus, you probably made a typo.

No typo, its when we believe the S model well be released some time in October.

Between both handsets, Galaxy S6 is more better option. It has good features and specifications compare to Nexus 6. It is more rugged device, that most smartphone users required. It has Samsung

Between both handsets, Galaxy S6 is more better option. It has good features and specifications compare to Nexus 6. It is more rugged  device, that most smartphone users required. It has Samsung

• Like 2