Streaming boxes / sticks on older non hdmi hdtv

Hey guys, 

I have an older Plasma 720p tv, which still works great. Input wise it only has component and vga ports and was wondering what my options would be for a media box or stick. 

Looking at a Roku, but non have component video options and really don't want to have to downgrade to a Roku 1 with composite non hd video

I think you're going to really struggle for a tidy or in-expensive solution as both your inputs are analogue.

Even when it comes to AV receivers, you have to look at the middle-high range models to do digital to analogue video conversion.

Either invest in older technology, look at ITX / NUC / Brix platform models that have VGA output or look at a newer display I'm afraid.

There are adapters that can turn HDMI into VGA but I have no idea how good they are or if they will refuse to work for signals protected with HDCP.

Edit:  Something like this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-Adapter-Desktops-Power-Free-Raspberry/dp/B009CRN810

It also claims to support HDCP but having never tried it I cannot verify it actually does.