20160819_144535578_iOS.jpg

Buzzsaw tearing into Blurr. Buzzsaw was always characterized as unusually formidable for being a Cassetticon in the G1 comics, and racked up an impressive chassis-count. Bloodthirsty little birdie ... :o This was inspired by that.

Both figures are from the current Titan Wars line.

• Like 1

20160823_134122323_iOS.jpg

Combiner Wars Wreck-Gar and Groove. Groove is the original, Wreck-Gar the reuse. In motorcycle modes the only difference is their coloration.

20160823_140228366_iOS.jpg

Robot modes. Here you can see they each have distinct heads, modeled after the G1 figures.

Another PMOP base mode shot, this time with one thing that was missing before - inhabitants!

20160825_145203262_iOS.jpg

On Primebase are (L to R) CW Wreck-Gar, Hyperfire (Blurr's Titanmaster, manning the turret), Apex (Prime's TM), RiD 2015 Windblade, War In Pocket Blaster (3rd party figure), Furos (on the turret) and RiD 2015 Optimus Prime. Partly out of frame on the left is Hardhead, Furos' partner.

• Like 3

A variation, with one of Primebase's arms/towers angled down and unfolded to serve as a launching ramp for jets.

20160825_173009374_iOS.jpg

• Like 2

Galvatron's alternate cannon mode. Undocumented but clearly intended by the designers, it allows Nucleon or any Titan Master to man the cannon. You'll notice the flip-down "spur" forms a heads-up display for Nucleon, and fits far too well for this to be a coincidence.

20160831_133936096_iOS.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

20160915_155054074_iOS.jpg

Three different tiers of the little guys. (I love small figures! So much fun packed into a tiny package, and easy to find room for!)

On the left is Legends Wreck-Gar, an example of Hasbro's typical offering. Good posability, decent in both modes, inexpensive, but not without its flaws. Still, as the W-G/Groove mold is one of the poorest of the recent Legends and is still quite good, I'd say Hasbro is doing quite well.

On the right is Iron Factory's City Commander (Ultra Magnus). Excellent posability, lots of accessories, highly detailed in both modes. The downside is this guy was $50, since it was a limited release. Worth the money to me as a collector, but way too steep to get for a kid.

In the middle is Kabaya Rodimus Prime, a model kit that came with gum in Japan. Very inexpensive (even as an import), low detail - much of the detailing is from the stickers, low posability. Interestingly, this guy is a miniature version of Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. As such, he copies the MP's ability to form both Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime, and the altmodes of both - futuristic sportscar and futuristic Winnebago. A lot of value in a tiny package, even if the figure is the roughest-looking of the three.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

20161005_145038131_iOS.jpg

Just a quick, fun shot - three Titan Master sets I picked up at Retrocon, Loudmouth, Brawn and Nightbeat, accompanying Bot Shots Optimus Prime (a transforming rock/paper/scissors-type game piece).

The Titan Masters assortment consists of "spare" heads for the TR headmaster figures, with transforming vehicles/accessories. All three in this shot are combined with their vehicles, but they can also ride them, and of course, form the head of a larger TR `bot.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

20161021_135910205_iOS.jpg

After getting the 2nd issue of NZM finished I decided to reward myself. So I picked up Titans Return Blaster. He's a good update of the classic toy & character, with the right look in robot mode and a good boombox altmode. That mode has also been called a phone/MP3 player dock, which makes sense since the Cassette minions have been re-imagined as cell phones.

In this pic, however, I have Blaster in his base mode, which looks like a hybrid battle platform/dance stage (appropriate considering he's a music aficionado)! On the central control platform you can see his Titan Master Twin Cast (named after a Japanese version of Blaster). Twin Cast is molded to look like a tiny Blaster, down to having the tape door and leg speakers. Jazz is dancing on one of the stages, while Prowl just wants to get down to business. 3rd party versions of Blaster's minions Ramhorn and Steeljaw are in front.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

20161109_144427820_iOS.jpg

Galvatron: Cyclonus, you disappoint me! Why does your little guy transform into your gun and not your head? Didn't you get the memo?"

• 2 weeks later...

20161117_161211983_iOS.jpg

Like the original, Blaster can hold one Cassettebot, re-imagined for this line as a phone/mini-tablet. This is my best attempt to get Blaster looking like he's pressing his eject button to release Rewind.

20161117_150442876_iOS.jpg

Rewind deployed! The Autobots' resident trivia expert is a mini-tablet now, and has a third tank mode. He also shares a mold with the Rumble figure I've shown earlier.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

20161202_184616525_iOS.jpg

Transformers Generation 2 homages. On the left is Voyager Titans Return Optimus Prime, whose design is inspired by G2 Laser Optimus, widely regarded as one of the best Primes ever released. He's a triple-changer who turns into a tanker truck (like the original LOP) and a plane. He's almost certainly a "predeco" of Octane. I'm hoping for a Reprolabel set for this guy - not only are the stickers he came with very poor quality, but I'd love to replicate the "Prime burning down a forest" deco on the trailer of the original.

On the right is GDO (Global Development Organization) Voyager Megatron, patterned after G2 Megatron. He's a remold/redeco of Bludgeon, with Reprolabels to give him the awesome garish camo patterns the classic G2 Megs had.

• 2 weeks later...

20161215_145928176_iOS.jpg

Movie Prime evolution. In the back is AOE Battle Command Optimus - a Japanese exclusive figure. He came with a car carrier trailer, but the basic robot is about Voyager sized. He's got a simplified transformation, but an excellent deco and cool sound and light effects. And loads of weapons which he can transport on his trailer.

In the foreground is Voyager class Optimus from 2007 - excellent truck mode with a nice action feature - he has a driver who disappears when the driver's side door is opened! (Since the driver has a cowboy hat, fans like to say it's Peter Cullen!)

20161215_150834465_iOS.jpg

Christmas display - "No War Today!"

20161219_003425835_iOS.jpg

20161219_003449826_iOS.jpg

Prime and Megatron shake hands in truce. GDO "G2" Megatron and Titans Return Voyager Optimus

20161219_003430677_iOS.jpg

In the foreground left, Combiner Wars Ironhide and Cybertron Starscream. In the back, CW Cyclonus and Classics Ultra Magnus with City Commander armor. I tried to pair each character up with his rough counterpart on the opposite side.

20161219_003436227_iOS.jpg

In front of Prime & Megs are Bumblebee and TR Rumble. Behind Prime are CW Sky Lynx and TR Astrotrain.

20161219_003443043_iOS.jpg

Ravage and Rewind. Both from TR.

• 3 weeks later...

20170109_043655256_iOS.jpg

Two of my favorites from G1 - Powermaster Optimus Prime and Metroplex. Only in Transformers would you have robots who form a truck and battle station standing eye to eye!

• Like 2

Prime is the best next to g1. The tv adaption of g1 ended horribly, imo....no closure.  But then again, it was horribly written in comparison to prime. You ever go back to the old voltron?  It is painful to sit through. 

10 hours ago, gameboy1977 said:

I watched both transformers g1 and transformers prime. Have you watched transformers prime?

Prime was pretty good, although a bit repetitive in season 2,

I've watched every Transformers series except Beast Wars II and BW Neo - the fansubs for those shows are hard to come by. And they're kind of superfluous anyway - don't really add to the American BW mythos anyway. They were only intended as filler in Japan while Hasbro & Mainframe got the next series of toys and shows ready.

• Like 3