26 minutes ago, sc302 said:

I'm debating the new FM. I have a worn original, so a new one would be nice. I'm just not sure I have the room for it, since I'm kind of downsizing these days.

Computron I'm likely passing on. Once I get the components for Sky Reign and a few limbs for Galvatronus I'm calling it quits for Combiner Wars.

As for MP Shockwave, try Captured Prey or TFSource. They tend to be a little cheaper than BBTS, and are reputable sites with good service. Or Hobby Link Japan. The base price is lower since you're not paying an import fee, and while the shipping will be more coming from Japan, it'll cost a bit less overall. I bought the Japanese version of CW Ultra Magnus from them. The figure itself was only a couple bucks more than the domestic release, and with the international shipping it was still $15 less than most places are asking just for the import figure itself.

Or if you just want a Shockwave, look for the Legends class version out now. Cool pocket-sized version that becomes a gun for the combiners out now.

14 hours ago, sc302 said:

But that one won't be the original, that will be part of the combiner wars and it will be classed as titan wars.

Neither is the MP figure, really. But they both represent the same character from G1. It all depends on your preference and budget. I like the little figures - easier to display an army in a small space, and generally less expensive.

I see the mps more to the original g1 esp to the cartoon comic, than I see the cw and titans.  The titan metroplex was designed from the transformers war for cybertron than the g1. 

40 minutes ago, sc302 said:

I see the mps more to the original g1 esp to the cartoon comic, than I see the cw and titans.  The titan metroplex was designed from the transformers war for cybertron than the g1. 

Masterpiece is meant to create the "perfect" version of the original design, using elements from both the original toys and animation designs. Generations tends to be updates/reimaginings, but most of it is still G1, with the occasional figure from other franchises over the years. Of course, we occasionally get an IDW-verse design swapped in for a G1 update, which is unfortunate. It stinks to wait a decade for an updated G1 Springer or Trailbreaker and get the IDW guy in his place . . .

I actually see very little of the FOC design in Titan Metroplex apart from the obvious design homages present in the FOC character. While the sculpt is more detailed than G1, the figure is clearly patterned after the original, down to having updated versions of the G1 toys altmodes, and one of G1 Metro's companion figures. (Did we even see FOC Metro's altmodes?) The figure even lets you select between plain eyes and a visor, a homage to the animators not being able to decide whether to use a visor or toy-accurate eyes when animating him.

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/8/81/Metroplex_character_models.jpg

IMO the only FOC elements are the sound clips - literally everything else about the toy is drawn from and an update of the original. The only thing linking Titan Metroplex to the FOC version is the Covenant of Primus book, and that's a repurpose, not the original intent of the toy. The figure was clearly designed to be G1 Metroplex, and the resemblance to FOC Metro is simply due to his resemblance to the original.

You only see bits and pieces in full city mode.  however, you do see the robot.  I see a lot in the head design from foc. 

You can see him in the background here. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2016 at 0:26 PM, sc302 said:

You only see bits and pieces in full city mode.  however, you do see the robot.  I see a lot in the head design from foc. 

You can see him in the background here. 

Like I said, FOC Metroplex is modeled after the original, so naturally the game model looks like the G1-inspired Titan figure as well.

• Like 1

My latest acquisition, Combiner Wars Sky Lynx.

WP_20160421_10_49_16_Pro.jpg

WP_20160421_10_53_02_Pro.jpg

Like the original, CW Sky Lynx becomes a space shuttle with carrier module. However, he doesn't split into shuttle/dinobird and carrier/lynx modules - that capability has been replaced by a torso mode. He's now the core of the "Sky Reign" gestalt. Some fans have come up with an alternate lynx fanmode for him, which I still need to try. All in all it's a nice update, more posable, compact and far more affordable than the original. I might still try to track down the G1 reissue for a good price, though.

I'll post pictures of Sky Reign later on.

• Like 2

Sky Reign

WP_20160422_13_22_55_Pro.jpg

Sky Lynx forms the torso, with Wheeljack and Alpha Bravo as the arms, and Trailbreaker and Hound as his legs. Alpha Bravo was originally part of Superion, but became superfluous when I got Slingshot to complete the classic Aerialbot roster. So I placed him here, even though he isn't part of the official configuration for Sky Reign. That's the nice thing about the Combiner Wars figures - the limbs are interchangable, so you can create your own combination. I like the symmetry of having 2 white `bots form SR's arms.

WP_20160422_13_22_47_Pro.jpg

Sky Reign on vacation!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two versions of the same character: Buzzsaw, one of Soundwave's minions.

WP_20160505_14_07_39_Pro.jpg

On the left is the original from 1984, with a pretty good robot condor mode, even with the peg-on thrusters. His current Combiner Wars incarnation is far boxier - he in fact looks more like a box with a bird head than a condor. Part of that is due to having a 3rd tank mode. I mainly got him as a preview of the Titan Wars line which is coming out soon. He's actually designed to work with Titan Wars Soundwave (which I haven't decided if I'm getting yet.)

WP_20160505_12_57_06_Pro.jpg

Altmodes. G1 Buzzsaw is a microcassette and is actual size. CW Buzzsaw forms an undersized smartphone. If people are complaining about Microsoft and Google being too invasive with information collection, I wonder how they'd react to the Decepticons doing it? :laugh:

WP_20160509_16_49_14_Pro_LI.jpg

My small collection of 3rd party Legends-class figures. Ultra Magnus, Windblade, Blaster with Ramhorn and Steeljaw. I've got a DX9 War In Pocket "Mightron"/Megatron on the way as well.

• Like 2

20160518_140713534_iOS.jpg

Soundwave and his minions take down Blaster. All the figures are 3rd party, rather than Hasbro/Takara.

Soundwave is Sonicron from BTS (nice design but less than perfect implementation). Rumble and Frenzy are BTS Tremor and Frequenzy, while Ravage is Savage. All of them are excellent for their size, evoking the originals while being unique designs.

Blaster is the Buster figure I've shown before, and is excellent apart from demostrating why die cast should not used in modern Transformers. The metal in his legs may make for stable poses, but it is also prone to chipped paint. He's only a few months old and has some chips in the paint on his legs.

• 3 weeks later...

Bada$$ babes - Arcee and Strongarm. It's a crime that it took Hasbro 30 years to give us an Arcee figure. Arcee has Repolabels - she doesn't look quite that cool and detailed right out of the package.

20160608_145835118_iOS.jpg

20160608_152115762_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

My latest indulgence - DX9's War In Pocket Mightron - a Legends scale version of G1 Megatron. A good approximation of the animation model with a very good gun mode. Fully posable, with a much more complex transformation than you'd expect for the size, yet still fairly intuitive. He fills the gap in my collection for a good small scale Megatron without breaking the bank - he was about $55 for the figure itself, silencer and stock attachments like the original toy, and a number of additional accessories, including the mace on his left hand. All-in-all one of the better deals in the 3rd party realm.

20160609_174122738_iOS.jpg

• Like 2

20160610_180722773_iOS.jpg

"The Batmobile is being repaired, old chum. Fortunately I got this loaner car."

20160610_180838350_iOS.jpg

"Holy metamorphosis!"

One-Step Bumblebee with custom LEGO Batman and Robin

20160617_152122820_iOS.jpg

Ultra Magnuses (Magni?) In the foreground is Kabaya Ultra Magnus, an official figure/gum model kit. A little of the deco is paint, but mostly the colors come from a ludicrous amount of stickers, including one wrapping around the entire cab! On the positive, he can function as an actual car carrier, and even has flip-down ramps (which form his shins in robot mode.) Still, not bad for an imported kit I got for $9

In the background is Iron Factory City Commander, an unofficial version. He can only carry cars on top, but he's more articulated and detailed. And more durable. Either one is a good choice to command Metroplex - nice figures at a small size.

20160617_181333447_iOS.jpg

Same pair. Part of City Commander's carrier deck becomes the "business end" of his hammer.

• Like 1

20160620_130708572_iOS.jpg

20160620_175245816_iOS.jpg

Two more Ultra Magnuses. Or more accurately the same Ultra Magnus at 2 different stages of life. On the left is War For Cybertron Magnus, an Optimus Prime repaint (as usual) with a new head and a sword. Although he didn't appear in the game (XBox version at least) this is likely what he'd have looked like. He's a small deluxe figure, but nicely detailed, with weapons that combine into a huge sword.

On the right is TF: Prime Beast Hunters Magnus, another Optimus Prime (TF: Prime) remold, more extensive this time. New head, arms, chest and the flight pack is a new feature. With the shoulder pads/missile launchers, he manages to make the already nice-sized TF: Prime Optimus mold seem even larger

Despite the differing styles, they are meant to be the same character - Aligned Ultra Magnus

Combiner Wars Wreck-Gar, a remold/redeco of Groove. Legends-class size, intended to serve as the chestpiece for some of the combiners. (Groove was CW Defensor's). Not the greatest mold, but it's nice to have another Movie character in the right scale for Metroplex.

20160621_131701479_iOS.jpg

On his own. The shoulders don't lock in, which is generally a no-no for me. In this case friction holds them decently, He could use a bit of paint or Reprolabels to add detail.

20160621_132631671_iOS.jpg

Motorcycle mode, with Lego 1960s Robin as his rider. Sort of. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

My latest acquisition - Titans Return Galvatron!

20160705_173804600_iOS.jpg20160705_173824119_iOS.jpg

Probably the best Galvatron we've gotten, though still not perfect. He's a Titanmaster figure, which is an update of the classic Headmaster feature. The head plugs in as with the classic HMs, and the crown/faceplate flips out to complete the look. Unfortunately at the cost of being able to turn his head. The head is sculpted to look like Galvatron already, so I may just paint the crown there and leave the faceplate undeployed.

The cannon mode is quite nice. He has a third mode, a spaceship, which I haven't tried yet.

25 minutes ago, DConnell said:

My latest acquisition - Titans Return Galvatron!

20160705_173804600_iOS.jpg20160705_173824119_iOS.jpg

Probably the best Galvatron we've gotten, though still not perfect. He's a Titanmaster figure, which is an update of the classic Headmaster feature. The head plugs in as with the classic HMs, and the crown/faceplate flips out to complete the look. Unfortunately at the cost of being able to turn his head. The head is sculpted to look like Galvatron already, so I may just paint the crown there and leave the faceplate undeployed.

The cannon mode is quite nice. He has a third mode, a spaceship, which I haven't tried yet.

There is Barney after many surgeries!  

@Raze you better hide, that beast is after you.  He has secret weapons!

:p

12 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

Nah, Barney would be Beast Wars Megatron, who is often considered the best villain in Transformers. Yessssss ...

beast_wars_165_1280.jpg

16 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

I'm innocent I tell ya, innocent!!!!    :shifty:

• Like 2